Company: BWI Companies, Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Posted: October 18,
2021Full-TimeLocationsShowing 1 locationNash, TX 75569, USA
Job DetailsDescriptionPOSITION SUMMARY In this position, you will
compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial
records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating,
posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for
use in maintaining accounting records. Check the accuracy of
figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business
transactions recorded by other employees. Perform special projects
as needed. As a privately held company, BWI has over 60 years of
successful sales growth and profitability. As an integral part of
the BWI team, you will be growing with the industry leader in
wholesale distribution of lawn & garden products. If being a part
of the team of an important part of a successful business is
something that gets you excited, this career opportunity may be
exactly what you're looking for!ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS Essential
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry,
mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to
record, store, and analyze information. For all functions,
proficiency with Excel is required.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures,
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports
and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts,
expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and
- Code documents (GL Codes) according to company procedures.
- Operate 10-key calculators, PC's and copy machines to perform
calculations and produce documents.
- Maintain property tax accruals / expenses. Prepare property tax
renditions for each branch.
- Reconcile records of bank transactions.
- Monitor status of loans and accounts to ensure that payments
are up to date.
- Reconcile accounts receivable for all branches.
- Maintain various intercompany leases.
- Complete and submit sales tax forms and returns for multiple
- Approve sales tax A/R adjustments for all locations usually
requiring sales tax research.
- Prepare expense reports for payment. Processing, computation &
distribution of 1099's for BWI.
- Role may include specialty focus on State & Local Sales Tax
functions. If so, major tasks include: run reports and reconcile to
the GL; set up for payments via electronic fund transfers (EFT) and
A/P entry. Research sales tax issues that arise from various
transactions in multiple states.
- Role may include specialty focus on Cash Application If so,
major tasks include: organize and sort A/R checks and apply to
customer accounts; run reports; and process returned checks.
- Role may include specialty focus on Fixed Assets. If so, major
tasks include: set up new assets using Sage software; maintain,
transfer & delete existing accounts; run depreciation schedules and
compile into spreadsheets for comparison to general ledger, and
accrue sales tax on new assets.SKILLS & ABILITIESEducation:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting preferred.Experience: Three to
seven years related experience. Public accounting experience
preferred.Computer Skills: AS400; Excel proficiency;
Keywords: BWI Companies, Inc., Shreveport , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Nash, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!