Company: Southern Scripts
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Accounting Assistant - Natchitoches, LA or remote from the
surrounding areas considered
We wanted a PBM that worked better--- so we created one.Southern
Scripts, the leading disruptor in the PBM industry, simplifies the
complexities of navigating through the Pharmacy Benefit Manager
world by offering a value-added approach to ensure the employer
absolute freedom, control, and choice to their health plan
structure without compromising patient experiences and outcomes. We
improve healthcare and reduce rising prescription costs for
employers and their employees. We are looking for individuals who
are passionate, strong, and committed to developing systems and
service solutions that promote our business goals and
commitments.Southern Scripts is searching for incredible talent! We
continue to experience accelerated growth in a rapidly changing
industry. There's never been a better time to join our team.We are
currently seeking an Accounting Assistant in Natchitoches,
Louisiana. Remote work from home options available for those in the
surrounding area (Louisiana, Mississippi, Texas, Arkansas).
What We Have to OfferOur benefits package is designed to keep our
employees happy and healthy - physically, mentally and
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Remote work options
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Annual Reviews and Development Plans
- Retirement Plan with company match immediately 100% vested
Role and ResponsibilitiesThe Accounting Assistant works closely
with Accounting Team members under the general supervision of the
Accounting Administrator, and is responsible for providing support
with Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and vendor
documentation and data maintenance. Also provides excellent
customer service while maintaining high Company standards in
professionalism and strict confidentiality at all times. Assesses
office procedures and makes necessary changes in order to improve
office functioning. May assume responsibility for training,
assigning, and checking work of subordinates. Performs
administrative support duties. Serves as a contact person for other
employees or the outside public. Communicates with internal and
external offices to obtain or share information. Ensures
administrative details are completed.
- Assist in the preparation of invoices and verification of
accuracy in relation to claims data.
- Submit invoices and backup documentation to clients via
electronic data interchange.
- Send 15-day payment reminders to clients related to late
- Save claim remits in .PDF file format at time of invoicing and
disburse to pharmacies at time of payment.
- Reconcile Accounts Receivable payments with invoices, noting
discrepancies and communicating such to Billing Manager.
- Perform research related to pharmacy claim, payment and remit
questions from clients and vendors.
- Maintain and secure records necessary for 1099 compliance.
- Maintain and update pharmacy vendor files with changes in tax
identification numbers, NPI numbers, and contact information using
Help Desk system when necessary.
- Deposit payments in bank as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of information and data at all
- Proactively communicate on a daily basis to ensure issues and
workflow priorities remain on target.
- Assist with projects as needed and perform other duties as
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected
Health Information (PHI).
- If a HIPAA violation is discovered, whether individually or by
another, you must report the violation to the Compliance Officer
and/or Human Resources.
- Attend, complete, and demonstrate competency in all required
HIPAA Training offered by the company.
- Flexibility to understand, appreciate and embrace that this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change
or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to work with peers in a team effort.
- Familiar with general Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Strong organizational and time management capabilities.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication
- General knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics.
- Ability to quickly learn specialized PBM software
- Basic knowledge in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Detail oriented, with successful experience in meeting multiple
- Aptitude for providing excellent customer service.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
- Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the employee must be
available during the "core" work hours of 8:00AM to 5:00PM CT. We
cover clients from West to East Coast, work times must be adjusted
to cover meetings in all time zones. Ability to work extended
hours, weekends and holidays pursuant with industry
demands.Required Education and Skills
- GED required; Associates or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Account Receivable processes: 2 years
- Account Payable processes: 2 years
- Microsoft Word and Excel: 2 years
Southern Scripts, LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or
genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Southern Scripts
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the
company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and
conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement,
promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of
absence, compensation, and training.Southern Scripts expressly
prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability,
or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of
Southern Scripts employees to perform their job duties may result
in discipline up to and including discharge. EOE M/F/D/V
Keywords: Southern Scripts, Shreveport , Accounting Assistant, Accounting, Auditing , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!