Company: Confidential Company
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Accounting professional needed at a multigeneration, single
family office The company is seeking to replace a retiring,
long-term employee with an accounting professional. This position
will report directly to the CFO but will also collaborate closely
with other members of the management team and staff.
- Company Information
- Located in Shreveport Louisiana
- The company manages the assets of a single-family office with a
long history, spanning six generations.
- The company and the family members are well-respected and
active in the community through investments in local businesses and
various non-profit organizations.
- Managed assets include investments in industries such as oil
and gas, timber, agriculture, real estate, fixed income, public
equities, private equity, and venture capital.
- The company has a small office environment with low employee
turnover. The average length of service of the current employees is
over 30 years.
- Generous salary and benefits
- Financial statement preparation
- Working with outside tax accountants in preparing individual,
partnership, and trust tax returns. Tax returns are NOT prepared in
- Account reconciliations
- Journal Entries
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual closes
- Produce various, miscellaneous reports as needed
- Working closely with CFO to develop and institute procedural,
reporting, and general back-office changes as needed
- Back up responsibilities due to small staff
- A/P, A/R, Bank Reconciliations, various administrative
- Preferred experience and abilities
- CPA or aspiring to attain CPA designation
- Strong knowledge of individual, partnership, and trust tax
- Strong bookkeeping skills
Keywords: Confidential Company, Shreveport , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!