Director of Finance
Company: ASM Global
Posted on: September 23, 2022
POSITION: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - DIRECTOR OF
FINANCEREPORTS TO: - - - - - - - - - - - - Director of FinanceFLSA
STATUS: - - - - - - - - - - - Salaried ExemptSummary: - The
Director of Finance performs all aspects of the Finance Department,
consistent with SMG polices.Essential Duties and Responsibilities
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals
and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting
and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and SMG
policies and procedures.
- Monitors SMG compliance with all financial provisions of the
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily
cash receipts and disbursements.
- Monitors and projects daily cash flow; invests excess cash as
needed via sweep account.
- Prepares financial statements for the Client and SMG Corporate,
and other financial reports, including monthly statements, Annual
Budget and Annual Report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of accounting records
to show receipts and expenditures.
- Directs the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers,
accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost,
property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Prepares statements and reports of estimated future costs and
- Directs internal audits involving review of accounting and
- Coordinates preparation of Client or external audit materials
and financial reporting; implements recommendations.
- Coordinates year-end report of fiscal performance for the
General Manager's report.
- Directs the implementation of any new accounting, timekeeping,
payroll, inventory, property, and other procedures.
- Manages the Finance and Box Office departments. Is responsible
for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these
units. - Carries out supervisory responsibilities including
interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning,
and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining
employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Maintain safe, secure, and sanitary working conditions and
leave work area in a clean and orderly fashion.
- Abides by all SMG policies in the Human Resources Policies and
Procedures Manual, the Business Code of Conduct, and the Cash
- Other duties as assigned.Skills Required
- Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative with
- Maintain an effective working relationship with employees and
others encountered through the course of employment.
- Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s)
using MS-DOS, MS Windows, MS Excel, MS Outlook MS Word, E-Time
software and Peachtree accounting software.
- Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and
produce accurate results.
- Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Follow oral and written instructions and communicate
effectively with others in both oral and written form.Working
Conditions: Requires ability to work flexible hours, including
nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business
hours. Physical requirements include walking, stooping, lifting up
to 30 lbs and standing for extended periods of time.This
description portrays in general terms the type and levels of work
performed and is not intended to be all-inclusive or to represent
specific duties of any one incumbent. - The job responsibilities
and tasks described herein may be modified and expanded over time.
- I have read and understand the above requirements of the job. - I
have received a copy of this position description.
Keywords: ASM Global, Shreveport , Director of Finance, Accounting, Auditing , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!