Operations Administrative / Financial Analyst - Bear Creek/Bienville
Company: Kinder Morgan
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies
in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately
84,000 miles of pipelines and 157 terminals. Our pipelines
transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2)
and more. Our terminals store and handle petroleum products,
chemicals and other products.Kinder Morgan is committed to being a
good corporate citizen and conducting ourselves in an ethical and
responsible manner. We spend hundreds of millions of dollars each
year on integrity management and maintenance programs to operate
our assets safely and to protect the public, our employees,
contractors and the environment. Operationally, we continue to
perform better than our industry peers relative to environmental,
health and safety measures.
The internal title for this job is ADMINISTRATOR-OPS. Position
Summary: This position performs various administrative and
financial functions in support of the department and assists
management in a prompt and efficient manner, all while maintaining
a high level of accuracy.
- Area Administrator for the Bienville/Natchitoches Area Natural
Gas Pipeline Business Unit reporting directly to the Area
- Coordinate monthly accrual, forecasting, and variance reporting
on a rolled up division level basis for all O&M cost centers
and Capital projects.
- Facilitate the preparation of the operating and capital budgets
to ensure the necessary materials, supplies, equipment, and
personnel for operations support.
- Work with division and area management to optimize operational
efficiencies, utilization of resources, and team based management
principles.Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and refine processes and procedures to more effectively
utilize the skills and abilities of administrative support
- Coordinate/participate in the design and implementation of new
administrative support mediums including documentation, databases,
and facility utilization.
- Ensure that good relations are maintained with
- Occasional, but infrequent overtime is anticipated and may be
- Prepare invoices with correct coding, review and enter into
PAWs Accounts Payable system.
- Responsible for vendor setup and assisting with resolving
vendor and invoice issues.
- Assist employees with reporting, coding, and approving
Procurement Credit Card usage.
- Formulate cost estimates, create detailed cost worksheets and
submit AFE requests.
- Generate contracts, prepare general service agreements, work
directives and requests for services and materials.
- Perform data entry for employee training records into Learning
- Maintain accuracy of vehicle fleet information in ARI Fleet
system and monitor vehicle expenses in Wex system.
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Maintain electronic and hardcopy filing system for
environmental records, projects, PHMSA documentation, etc.
- Generate requisitions and enter receiving reports within Lawson
- Enter and assist with employee expense reports in Concur
Employee Expense system.
- Inventory management including issuing, transferring, receiving
and auditing warehouse stock.
- Create and maintain databases and spreadsheets using Pivot
tables and VLOOKUP files to improve budget tracking and
- Conduct research, compile data and create statistical
- Perform general office duties, such as ordering supplies,
answering phone calls, assisting visitors, etc.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental
- Create a positive and professional office environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a business, accounting, technical field,
or equivalent experience.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Rarely, but as needed.Qualifications:
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency level in Microsoft Office
(Excel, Word, and PowerPoint - including ability to build data
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, decimals, etc.).
- Accounting experience and good understanding of GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize daily work and maintain
- Ability to communicate and work cooperatively with various
levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients
and vendors to resolve issues, while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and
small group situations to other employees of the company and
- Must be customer (internal and external) oriented.
- Must be able to quickly adapt to changing work priorities.
- Must apply common sense to carry out day-to-day duties.Physical
Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use hands to
finger, handle, or feel.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision.Work Environment:The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- Field office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
moderate.Job level commensurate with skills and experience. The
above statements describe the general nature and level of work
being performed. This position may perform other duties as
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Shreveport , Operations Administrative / Financial Analyst - Bear Creek/Bienville, Accounting, Auditing , Bienville, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!