Production Assistant/ Bookkeeper
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Position Summary / Purpose
Assist in the profitable growth of the company and provide support
to management through the accurate and timely performance of
bookkeeping functions, the orchestration of administrative
functions, ensuring invoicing is turned around as soon as
Help retain customers by providing emotional support through phone
conversations, follow-up contacts, and the accurate and timely
transcription of customer information.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurate and timely invoicing and submitting invoices of
- Learn Xactimate better each day until at a professional
- Answer the phone and handle incoming calls with detail and
precision. Additional compensation for 24 hour answering is
- Create invoices, manage the invoice process to ensure it meets
- Perform customer billing and collections and ensure it meets
- Complete inner-office documentation.
- Complete job costing on completed work.
- Make deposit to company bank accounts.
- Conduct follow-up phone calls to customers and collection calls
on overdue invoices
- Maintain office inventory: Ink, supplies for bathrooms,
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliveries to and from Post Office, Banks, and anywhere else we
need errands or deliveries
- Type correspondence and inner-office documentation
- Get supplies for janitorial crew and restoration crew delivered
within 24 hours of request.
- Other duties and responsibilities as directed by
Decision Rights and Authority
- All aspects of bookkeeping
Times to be at work and taking time off
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Please be on time every time, and please don-t ask to get off
early, unless it is an emergency.
Authorized Merchandise, Branding, and Official Logo
- Only wear authorized Company apparel with official logo.
Working Relationships and Scope
- Maintain timely creation of invoices and payables recording
through effective flow of information, and receipts from operations
- Information from customer needs to be a hundred percent
accurate. From the spelling of the name, pronunciation, phone
number and claim. It needs to be double and triple checked to
ensure its correct. Repeat it back too client to ensure 100%
- Integrity - Uncompromising, ironclad. Does not cut corners.
Does what is right, even when it means taking a stand. Not
- Oral Communication - The individual speaks clearly and
persuasively in positive or negative situations. Effective in
one-on-one and small group situations. Adaptable and able to think
on his/ her feet.
- Written Communication - Writes clear, precise, and
well-organized letters, proposals, and emails. The individual edits
work for spelling and grammar, and is able to read and interpret
written information. Uses appropriate vocabulary and
- Fiscal Discipline - Demonstrates sound financial management and
decision making in both business and personal
- Planning and Organizing- Plans, organizes, and schedules his/
her time in an efficient and productive manner. Focuses on key
priorities. Effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously.
Pays attention to details. Manages Personal time well.
- Mature Judgement and Decision-Making- Demonstrates consistent
logic. Anticipates consequences of decisions.
- Technology - the individual regularly uses standard word
processing and spreadsheet software tools to enhance efficiently
and accuracy of work performed.
Qualifications-Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Education and Experience
Associate (2 year) degree in accounting or business-related field
or high school diploma (or GED) plus three (3) to five (5) years of
office or bookkeeping experience. Minimum of three (3) years of
bookkeeping experience including A/R and A/P.
- Bookkeeping and Accounting
Strong bookkeeping skills and an understanding of cash flow and
financial reports: Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet. Extensive
bookkeeping software: Quick Books.
- Mathematical Skills
Strong math and accounting skills. Ability to compute rate, ratio,
percentages and to interpret financial reports and analyze
business plans and industry benchmarks.
- Computer Skills
Demonstrates intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of
computers and computer software, especially Xactimate, MS Office,
Word and Excel
- Certificates, Licenses, and Registrations
Required to acquire IICRC certificates, pesticide licenses, and any
other licenses that Putman Restoration requests.
Why Kelly--?As a worker today, its up to you to take charge of your
career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your
you find whats next is what were all about. We know whats going on
in the evolving world of workjust ask the nearly 500,000 people we
each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance,
and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have
never imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, were always thinking about
whats next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach
their full potential. In fact, were a
leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because
we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth
opportunities that enable
a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great
companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span
a wide variety
of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a
diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities,
individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual
orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The
Keywords: Kelly Services, Shreveport , Production Assistant/ Bookkeeper, Accounting, Auditing , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!