Senior Project Engineer / Resident Engineer
Posted on: February 14, 2020
We are currently seeking a Senior Construction Project
Engineer/Resident Engineer for our Transportation-Construction
Management (T-CM) Practice. This position will be located in the
Western States Region (including AZ,WA,CO, or TX).
As a Senior Construction Project Engineer/Resident Engineer, you
will manage all aspects of a large-scale transportation project
with a major bridge component in the construction phase. You will
manage a progressive owner-representative Construction Engineering
Inspection (CEI) team, representing a State Department of
Transportation, Toll Agency, or Local Government in the oversight
of the contract and contractor. There is a high likelihood that
relocation will be required for this role, depending on your
proximity to the project(s).
Additional job duties include implementing quality assurance
procedures, preparing and submitting estimates, submittal reviews,
stakeholder coordination, checking engineering calculations,
interpreting contract documents, planning and organizing the work
of subordinate engineering, inspection, and material testing staff
members. This requires continually developing and reviewing
policies, practices, methods, and procedures of a professional work
environment. Duties also include staff development, working closely
with clients, engineers, and sub-consultants to ensure their needs
are met. You will also be involved in business planning, marketing,
and fulfillment of the firm's strategic vision for the construction
- Bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering from an
- Licensed Professional Engineer in Arizona, Washington,
Colorado, or Texas--or the ability to obtain license through
reciprocity within 60 days.
- 15 years of Project Management experience on construction of
large-scale transportation projects with complex
- Must include 10 years of direct oversite of major bridge
construction as the Professional Engineer in Responsible Charge
including 5 years of segmental bridge construction.
- Bridge Experience shall include both precast and cast-in-place
structures with post tensioning and grouting.
- Experience with constructing submittal review, change order
development and cost analysis, construction schedule review, RFI
review and coordination, and general contract administration for
federally funded state transportation projects.
- Experience working with contractors to resolve issues dealing
with contract conformance disagreements.
- Extensive experience with traffic control plan reviews as well
as inspection of major traffic realignments on major highway
systems with lane closure restrictions.
- Prior management or supervisory experience required
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Completion of state DOT traffic inspection certification
requirements, or equivalent certification from another
- Must obtain any required certifications and pass appropriate
qualifications tests for the position in specified time
- Willingness to work weekend, nights, and swing shifts.
- Valid Driver License
- Must have good driving record
- Ability to sit, stand, climb, bend, twist or stoop frequently
and for prolonged periods
- Ability to reach horizontally as well as vertically for
- Ability to use construction or inspection safety equipment
including fall protection
- Ability to lift and/or move you to 50 pounds
- Willingness to relocate
- Railroad Coordination expertise
- Innovative contracting experience including CMGC
- Has acted in the Assistant Project Engineer or Project Engineer
role for a State DOT, on at least three projects.
- Demonstrated history of relocating for major bridge
If this sounds like the role for you and you're ready to join an
amazing team, please apply.
While RS&H was founded in 1941, we have been providing
construction management services as one of our primary business
practices since 1984. RS&H's Transportation-Construction
Management Practice serves numerous state departments of
transportation, mobility/transportation authorities, turnpike/toll
authorities, rail/port authorities, municipal/county governments,
and private clients throughout the United States. Our Construction
Engineering and Inspections (CEI) teams as well as our Construction
Management teams are industry leading experts who provide a full
range of construction engineering, program management, specialized
testing, and inspection services from the preconstruction phase
through maintenance and operations. By joining our team, you too
can provide unique expertise in the full life cycle of
transportation delivery, and lead the evolution of
RS&H provides fully integrated architecture, engineering, and
consulting services to help clients realize their most complex
facility and infrastructure projects for land, air, and space. We
are committed to bringing extraordinary solutions to our clients
through the promise of imagination, ingenuity, and innovation. With
a tradition of excellence that began in 1941, we are consistently
ranked among the nation's top 100 design firms. We attribute our
success to an unwavering commitment to our core values of:
integrity, quality service, business success and valuing
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you! Click here to get
Keywords: RS&H, Shreveport , Senior Project Engineer / Resident Engineer, Engineering , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!