Controls Engineering Leader
Company: Allied Reliability Group
Location: El Dorado
Posted on: November 22, 2021
OverviewThis position is responsible for designing, developing,
installing, managing and/or maintaining equipment which is used to
monitor and control machinery and processes. You will ensure that
these systems and processes operate effectively, efficiently and
safely. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of new
automation design projects that will start with initial design,
through manufacture of systems, testing and debugging, installation
and training. Responsibilities
- Controls Engineering
- Become familiar with all areas of plant processes.
- Designing and developing new control systems, which will
include electrical schematics, control panel design, PLC
programming, system testing and debugging.
- Will be the plant liaison for new system start-up and
commissioning by all outside controls contractors and system
integrators to ensure project success.
- Testing, maintaining, and modifying existing systems.
- Providing technical guidance for E&I technicians,
operations and engineers
- Working collaboratively with E&I department, process
engineers, project engineers, purchasers and other internal
- Project management within cost and time constrained
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving.
- Recommend reliability improvements.
- Specifying and purchasing equipment.
- Assisting in the development and maintenance of process control
- Developing and maintaining a 5-year rolling plan to upgrade and
maintain process control equipment.
- Developing and programming process control logic in DCS, PLC,
VFD's and SCADA systems.
- Support manufacturing and validation of systems which include
pneumatics, VFD's, relays, communication networks, OPC servers,
pushbuttons, and HMIs
- Accepting responsibility and a level of accountability
commensurate with the seniority of the position.
- Training maintenance personnel, plant operators and engineers
in the areas of process control.
- Assist with scoping, design, implementation of Plant
- Inform Engineering Manager of capital project activities,
planning, scheduling and AFE preparation. Qualifications
- Minimum of 8+ years work experience
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Electrical/Electronic
Engineering or Technology. Will consider electrical education from
any of: BSEE, ASEE or hand-on compensating maintenance experience
such as a combination of controls technician, maintenance
technician, OEM experience or trade school
- Ability to understand mechanical and electrical designs,
automation, and programming
- Experience designing, programming, and debugging of multiple
brands of PLC control systems and HMIs (Allen-Bradley and Honeywell
systems a plus)
- Strong PLC skills with expertise in system administration and
maintenance activities, including hardware/software troubleshooting
Keywords: Allied Reliability Group, Shreveport , Controls Engineering Leader, Engineering , El Dorado, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!