Chemical Process Engineer
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Innovate to solve the world's most important challenges The
future is what you make it.When you join Honeywell, you become a
member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and
doers who make the things that make the future.
UOP, a Honeywell company headquartered in Des Plaines, Illinois, is
a leading international licensor of processing technology and
supplier of engineering services, catalysts and adsorbents,
equipment, specialty materials and digital solutions for the global
refining, gas processing and petrochemical industries. With more
than a century of leadership in hydrocarbon processing
technologies, UOP has led six revolutions in technology that
transformed our industry. For more information visit .
Chemical Process Engineer position is accountable for achieving
function goals, establishing financial plans that are consistent
with the business needs, and supplying best in class service
through the use of effective leveraging of resources.
- Participate in tiered accountability meetings with line
supervisor and unit manager
- Analyzes the production process to ensure it is running to
target, identify opportunities for efficiency, cost-out,
compliance, stability, consistency shift-to-shift and
- Identify and champion process improvements
- Identify, communicate and drive technical recommendations on
the process with the operations team
- Coach and support the line supervisor in the efficient
operation of the production line.
- Troubleshoot process and equipment related problems and drive
correction actions for quality, health, environmental, safety and
production related issues.
- Interpret the health of the production system using a
Distributed Control System (DCS), data historian (PI) and other
data collection processes.
- Review and revise product recipes within the guidelines
provided by product development.
- Monitoring improvement tracking system (ITS) and provide
constructive feedback on ideas, lead teams(s) to drive ideas
- Perform root cause analysis of process, quality, and HSE
related issues. Both individually and team based.
- Create and close out process orders in SAP. Provide accurate
product cost data for the annual operating plan (AOP).
- Report out daily and monthly status of production line. Lead
team to drive improvements, recommend projects and define
- Ability to learn, support, and promote the successful
application of Honeywell Operating System (HOS) principles.
- Change Management applications
- Interpersonal skills
- Team Leadership MUST HAVES
Bachelor's degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical or related
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering
- Experience in a chemical industrial manufacturing plant
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel,
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with individuals at
all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment with a team
- Six Sigma training - Black Belt or Master Black Belt.
- Lean manufacturing (5S, Kaizen)
- Strong Statistical Analysis Skills
As an equal opportunity employer, Honeywell is committed to a
UOP102020 Additional Information
- JOB ID: HRD185333
- Category: Integrated Supply Chain
- Location: 8725 Mooringsport
- Engineering (GLOBAL) Honeywell is an equal opportunity
employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to
age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status,
affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
Keywords: Honeywell, Shreveport , Chemical Process Engineer, Engineering , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!