Civil / Structural Engineer (HGA-R)
Company: Hunt, Guillot & Associates
Posted on: March 18, 2023
The Civil/Structural Engineer (CSA) position is a direct-hire
position working for HGA at the HGA office in either Ruston,
Shreveport, or The Woodlands, TX.
CIVIL/STRUCTURAL ENGINEER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees and is responsible for the CSA technical aspects of
- Assume leadership of a project team as a lead engineer and
coordinate the design aspects of the projects. This includes the
generation of calculations and design drawings as well as field
- Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into
tasks, and work with other engineers to help with the determining
of scope of work, budget and staffing.
- Prepare engineering studies and schematic design for new
systems and analyze operation of existing systems.
- Checks all technical calculations and drawings for
- Write scope of work for design based on preliminary review and
meetings with the client.
- Prepare or review construction budgets based on experience and
scope of project.
- Maintains communications between other engineers and other
disciplines to assure schedule and budget accuracy
- Responsible for man hour budget and schedule.
- Generates all appropriate discipline communication records for
proper dissemination of project information.
Civil/Structural Engineer Position Requirements:
- Knowledge of engineering design principles and practices as
spelled out in the codes and standards
- Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering required
- Professional Engineering registration is required
- Minimum of 8+ years experience in Civil Structural design and
calculations for steel and reinforced concrete using manual and
- Knowledge of engineering practices, design details, codes and
standards, procedures, and specifications including AISC, ACI, IBC,
ASCE 7, and others.
- Experience with a consulting engineering firm
- Generate of calculations for civil/structural projects.
(Foundations and Steel)
- Demonstrated ability to manage engineering projects using
- Knowledge and experience in engineering design and construction
- A high degree of capability in engineering management,
communications, client relationship, and team management
- Able to obtain field information and site investigation at
operating plant or construction site.
- Able to climb ladders, work on elevated levels, clear close and
distance vision and able to focus.
- Proficiency in STAAD Pro, MS Excel, MS outlook, MS Windows, and
MS Word is required.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD 2018 and 3-D drawing is a plus.
- CSA Engineer candidates must be located within daily commuting
distance of Ruston, Shreveport, or The Woodlands.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Keywords: Hunt, Guillot & Associates, Shreveport , Civil / Structural Engineer (HGA-R), Engineering , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...