Senior Centrifugal Pump Engineer Shreveport, LA, United States and 2
Company: National Oilwell Varco
Posted on: September 21, 2023
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIESEngineering
- Provide engineering support on mechanical equipment.
- Drive accuracy, consistency, and on-time delivery of
engineering deliverables including but not limited to designs,
production/fabrication drawings, system schematics, component
purchasing, software testing requirements, part numbers, bills of
materials, work instructions, quality documents, and service
manuals to be in alignment with manufacturing deadlines.
- Perform stress analysis on mechanical
- Ensure design, engineering, and production of software and EP
products meet customer specifications, quality expectations,
performance criteria, and testing requirements.
- Responsible for engineering technical support required for
internal or remote manufacturing of the centrifugal pump parts and
- Ensure compliance with NOV standard engineering practices,
achieve commonality across product line, and pursue continuous cost
- Continuously improve engineering systems, processes, and
- Produce or check design layouts and detail drawings.
- Create tolerance studies and check design
- Research and specify purchased component parts.
- Design component and system level test plans and test
- Generate engineering reports documenting design/analysis
efforts and results.
- Identify product improvements.
- Perform other work-related tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all NOV company policies and procedures.
- Engage in troubleshooting, technical support, customer service,
and field service after the sale, acting as liaison with customer
when necessary. - Maintain willingness to travel to field as
necessary for customer support.
Design and Development
- Oversee design, engineering and production of equipment builds
to meet customer specifications, quality expectations, performance
criteria, testing requirements, and delivery expectations.
- Drive technology development initiatives for market needs,
quality improvement, cost reduction, and/or manufacturing
- Collaborate with engineering staff and sales team to design new
products in accordance with customer requirements, written
instructions, applicable standards, and specifications.
- Develop, supervise, and evaluate test programs on new or
existing products to ensure product validation is as representative
as possible prior to product launch or unit shipment. -
- To be the focal point for resolving major technical challenges
and major project management changes that might have a significant
impact to the build schedule.
- Responsible for ensuring department are reporting any design
changes which may have a cost or schedule impact to the relevant
- Responsible for engaging with colleagues, customers, and
stakeholders in gathering of voice of customer for new product
- Enhance and promote consistent communication between
EDUCATION & TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES
- Degree qualified in Mechanical Engineering or related
discipline with 10 or more years of experience in the design of
rotating equipment - Centrifugal pumps experience.
- Working knowledge of how to administrate engineering and new
product development projects within multidisciplinary
- High level of knowledge of equipment packaging design to
include but not limited to hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic
systems along with manufacturing project management.
- In depth understanding of engineering materials (metallic,
non-metallic and additive) in an oil and gas manufacturing
- Computer literacy (including good command of Microsoft Excel,
Word and Outlook)
- Proficient in CAD/CAE
- Proficient user of mathematical worksheet software (e.g. Excel,
- Advanced working knowledge of Solidworks 3D CAD or
- Understanding of Finite Element Analysis software.
- Knowledge of engineering standards and procedures.
- Mechanically inclined with the ability to work with minimal
- Strong attention to detail and highly motivated.
- Work independently or in a design team setting.
- Able to multitask on multiple projects.
- Previous oilfield experience or familiarity preferred.
- Have knowledge and experience working in or with an ISO and/or
API Q1 certified manufacturing facility.
- Working knowledge of industry specifications: API 6A, 7K,
- This job functions in multiple environments: office,
manufacturing, and field (outdoors at customer locations).
- Annual travel can be up to 10% of the time, both domestic and
- Physically able to travel to the field to monitor and
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time while
working in the manufacturing and field support roles. -
- Able to apportion time effectively to complete tasks (Priority
- Be willing to provide colleagues with the information they need
to complete their tasks and eliminate roadblocks (Informing
- Can be counted on to take personal responsibility in
challenging situations and be willing to engage in disputes to
settle them equitably (Conflict Management)
- Deals with corrective feedback in a manner that inspires
accountability and self-redirection among colleagues and direct
reports (Managerial courage)
- Promotes a win-win ethos and inclusive team culture in line
with business strategy (Building effective teams)
- Makes sense of complex, high quantity, and often contradictory
information to effectively solve problems (Manages Complexity)
FACILITY/GROUP SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Able to work locally at NOV's Shreveport facility
- Able to support the facility's manufacturing projects as
- Able to abide the quality directives and HS&E policies at
the facility level.
Keywords: National Oilwell Varco, Shreveport , Senior Centrifugal Pump Engineer Shreveport, LA, United States and 2, Engineering , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!