Posted on: January 12, 2019
The primary function of this position will be to support facilities with operations projects, engineering scoping, design, project and capital management as well as maintenance procedures. The project(s) scope may include facets of facilities improvements, major capital projects, R&D, maintenance operations, facilities management, fabrication, environmental compliance, process engineering, and continuous improvement initiatives. ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Leads specific enterprise-wide projects including presentation and communication to management
- Responsible for developing and managing project scope, budget, and schedule
- Works together with purchasing on major equipment and facility improvement acquisitions.
- Design of new systems including calculations, material specifications, equipment, and facility upgrades.
- Responsible for CAD layout of equipment and facility changes/upgrades
- Demonstrates and promotes enterprise safety policies
- Works with environmental, health and safety team, regarding project compliance, tasks and overall plant operations
- Assures that capital equipment, machines and utilities are maintained, functioning properly, and have appropriate protective/safety devices as required.
- Works with the maintenance department on PM schedules, parts, and procedures to keep equipment at peak performance.
- Works on continuous improvement processes
- Ensures all projects are completed on-time and within project budget
- Works together and provides communication on projects, equipment, etc. with operations, maintenance, and management.
- Travel to other facilities and equipment vendors on occasion MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:Education: Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering.Experience/Training:
- Strong project management skills and experience
- 3+ years experience in plant engineering of fluid movement and/or in-line processing preferred
- Strong knowledge of engineering principles, including but not limited to chemistry, fluid movement, structural, machine design, and automation
- Experience with AutoCAD, Solid works, other engineering software
- Proficiency in the use of MS office applications
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated leadership organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with fabrication processes including machining, cutting, and welding
- Willing to be"hands on" and dig in as needed PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. Good vision is required for inspecting parts and equipment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. The ability to focus while working near production equipment and other distractions. BENEFITS:
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan
- Health Savings Account
- Traditional Medical Plan
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- 401(K) Plan with Company match
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays
- Group Critical Illness
- Group Accident
- Tuition Reimbursement Lube-Tech is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Employer. Qualified applicants including women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Keywords: Lube-Tech, Shreveport , Engineer II, Engineering , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!