Manufacturing Operations Manager
Posted on: April 10, 2021
Under limited supervision, performs duties following established
procedures in the following areas: Essential Functions
- Directs the efforts of the department supervisors as they
manage day-to-day production activities.
- Meets daily, weekly, and monthly production goals; measures
progress and reviews with management daily.
- Specifies and recommends equipment purchases to improve
operations, i.e. reduce costs, improve quality, reduce lead-times,
- Manages and oversees the hiring, training, discipline and
termination of employees.
- Develops and maintains cost and capacity models.
- Works with Marketing to launch new products monthly.
- Oversees the production scheduling process.
- Assures that the operation is compliant with the SOP's and
proposed GMP's. Additional Responsibilities
- Support of and involvement in company, department, and/or
safety policies, procedures, programs, and activities.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Other duties as assigned. Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in management with minor in chemistry or
chemistry; 5-10 years related experience and/or training preferred;
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have knowledge of a variety of computer software
applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and database
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts such as
statistical inference, exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations,
and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such
tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability
and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques,
sampling theory, and factor analysis.--
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and
technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability
to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers,
regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability
to effectively present information to top management, public
groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and
draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety
of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Employee must obtain and maintain a current food handler's
permit. Physical Requirements
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must exert up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible
amount of force to move objects.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include near
acuity, far acuity, depth perception, accommodation, color vision,
and field of vision. The Perks Wondering what it's like to work for
Nutraceutical? You'll enjoy coming to work AND receive these
- Medical, Dental, and Vision starting within the first 60 days
- Education Assistance of up to $5,000 per year
- Paid Time Off accrual starting day 1 + 10 paid holidays
- 401 (k) with company match
- And more! Notice to Recruiters We prefer that candidates apply
directly rather than through recruiters. Recruiters must contact
the Human Resource Department prior to submitting a resume, may
only submit resumes to the Human Resource Department and may not
contact hiring managers without Human Resource permission. This
description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of
The position, duties, and qualifications are subject to change at
Keywords: Nutraceutical, Shreveport , Manufacturing Operations Manager, Executive , Ogden, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!