Silviculture Program Manager
Company: Manulife Bank
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Are you looking for a supportive, collaborative workplace with
great teams and inspiring leaders? You've come to the right place.
We're looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to
make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds
like you, and the career below sounds exciting, we'd like to hear
Manulife Investment Management Forest Management
Roles and Responsibilities
Silviculture Program Manager
Location : Harpersville, AL, Charlotte, NC, Shreveport, LA
General Directive: Leads the silviculture technical program for
Manulife Investment Management Forest Management's (MFM) Southern
Division and Lake States.
* MFM-managed properties totaling approximately 2.1 million acres
in the Western Gulf, Central South, Mid-Atlantic, Lake States, and
Allegheny regions of eastern United states.
* Decision support for client properties in the Southern Division
and Lake States
* Services the information needs of forest operations teams in
* Reports to General Manager of Silviculture and land Records
* Member of the silviculture and land records management team
within the southern operations of MFM
* Provide expertise and guidance to MFM Operations on current
silviculture practice, treatment efficacy, and root-cause problem
* Actively participates in and maintains oversight on research
cooperative program meetings, obligations, and work plans.
* Utilizes Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and internal forest
management systems to analyze forest information data to improve
silvicultural systems and performance.
* Develop strategies to transfer, deploy, and monitor value-adding
silviculture technology with MFM Operations.
* Manage MFM's divisional fertilizer, pesticide, seedling
procurement programs in collaboration with MFM Operations.
* Provide lead role for MFM's genetic tree improvement program to
include genetic stock allocation and management (through 3rd-party
or cooperative agreements) client-owned seed orchard operations and
seed orchard cooperative agreements.
* Actively participate in MFM's forest resource planning program to
provide guidance on benefit analysis of the latest silviculture and
forest management technologies.
* Advance Manulife Investment Management Timberland (MIM T)
business development objectives including property acquisitions,
property disposition strategy, timberland investment analysis and
decision support tools, and other strategic business
* Support MFM's conformance with certification requirements and
support management systems that enable the advancement of MFM's
forest stewardship commitment.
* Continuously improve business procedures and provide training and
support to ensure the effective deployment and use of property data
and business systems by MFM personnel.
* Special projects as requested or needed.
* A Master of Science degree in forestry or related discipline and
a minimum of 5 years of professional experience in forest
management. A Bachelor of Science with extensive experience will be
* Strong computer and analytical Skills are required.
* Demonstrated proficiency in Geographic Information Systems with
skills to master internal forest information systems
* Demonstrated proficiency with one or more regional silviculture
systems including regeneration, management best practices,
management cost and return expectations, discounted cash flow
* Knowledgeable of forestry regulation, harvesting systems,
contracting process, and timber marketing.
* Must be team player and self-motivated
* Must have excellent relationship, interpersonal and communication
* Must be service oriented.
* Must be willing to travel 30 to 40 percent of time
* Must adhere to the MIMTA Drug & Alcohol Policy.
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to
learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an
impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading
international financial services group that helps people make their
decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John
Hancock in the United States, and Manulife globally, including
Canada, Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice, insurance and
wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and
institutions. Assets under management and administration by
Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1
trillion) as of June 30, 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation
trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK.
Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock
supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of
financial products, including life insurance, annuities,
investments, 401(k) plans, and education savings plans. Additional
information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife/John Hancock, we embrace our diversity. We strive to
attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the
customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that
embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed
to fair recruitment, retention, advancement and compensation, and
we administer all of our practices and programs without
discrimination on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin,
colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion or religious beliefs,
creed, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions),
sexual orientation, genetic characteristics, veteran status, gender
identity, gender expression, age, marital status, family status,
disability, or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to
employment. A Human Resources representative will work with
applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the
application process. All information shared during the
accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner
that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock
policies. To request a reasonable accommodation in the application
process, contact email@example.com.
EEO is the Law I Family & Medical Leave I Employee Polygraph
Protection I Right to Work I E-Verify I Pay Transparency
Keywords: Manulife Bank, Shreveport , Silviculture Program Manager, Executive , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!