Posted on: January 21, 2023
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential job function satisfactorily. Reasonable
accommodations may be made, upon request, to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of maintenance workers
engaged in maintaining and repairing or installing and removing
mechanical and building equipment.
- Directs workers engaged in repairing building utility systems,
such as electrical wiring and controls, heating and ventilating
systems, and water distributing and plumbing systems.
- Inspects completed work for conformance to company
specifications and standards.
- Oversees out-sourced workers engaged in installing, servicing,
and repairing mechanical equipment.
- Schedules all maintenance operations (Preventative, Break/Fix
- Follows up on repairs made by employees.
- Employee interaction: Communicates with employees in a direct
and courteous manner, and ascertains their understanding of
- Assist crews and conducts ongoing training for maintenance
- Conducts meetings to resolve employee issues.
- Conducts monthly safety and quality meetings for maintenance
- Coordinates the scheduling of special projects such as
renovations, installations of new equipment, or moving of
- Oversees inventory of shop supplies.
- Daily checking for performance problems on manufacturing
- Performs electrical and industrial controls work as
- Oversees selection process for work done by outside companies
by obtaining bids and selecting those vendors and supervises
- Creates and maintains preventive maintenance programs.
- Creates and implements through daily and monthly housekeeping,
cleaning and organization schedule.
- Orders and maintains all supplies stored in the maintenance
area, as well as electrical and mechanical supplies needed for
manufacturing and building equipment.
- Conducts weekly inspections of air compressor, heat boiler, air
dryer, and water softener for the steam boiler, if applicable.
- Conducts monthly building maintenance on air conditioning and
- Confers with management to determine plant budget.
- 5 years' experience within the industry
- Bachelor's Degree in related industry OR
- 5-7 years' experience with a certification from an accredited
college or trade school
- Must complete Safety Orientation, Departmental Safety Training
and OSHA Standards Training
- Work experience with computers and other business
- This position requires the annual completion of Hazardous Waste
Management training - provided by ProAmpac.
- Requires knowledge of operation and repair of machinery, tool
and die, electrical, plumbing, welding, basic machine work,
engines, motor, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, boilers,
production machines, and knowledge of blue prints.
- Effectively manages the process of innovative change quickly
- Remains at the forefront of emerging industry changes and
- Works well in a team environment, acknowledges other member
contributions and motivates others to work together
- Ethical standards and integrity must be maintained at all
- Conscientious about timeliness and accuracy of all assignments
and quality of work
- Must have the ability to understand and follow directions and
- Utilize measures to monitor processes for continuous
- Participate on cross-functional project teams
- Identify customer requirements and monitor customer
satisfaction by reviewing process procedures.
Keywords: PROAMPAC, Shreveport , Maintenance Manager, Executive , Smackover, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!