Medical Asst Cert
Company: Christus Health
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Assists in the delivery of primary health care and patient care
- Performs selected clinical and administrative duties.
- Prepares patients for examination and treatment.
- Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
Utilizes knowledge of sterile technique and infection control
procedures requires to clean and disinfect rooms and equipment,
sterilizes instruments as needed.
- Prepares and maintains inventory supplies and equipment for
treatments, including sterilization.
- Assists provider in preparing for minor surgeries or
- Assists with scheduling of tests, treatments and referrals.
- Screens telephone calls for referral to nurse or provider or
referral specialist as indicated.
- May order and maintain clinical and office supplies and
- Maintains patient files, record and other information in a
professional manner following policy and procedures regarding
- Complies and condenses technical and statistical data for reports
- Attends required meetings and participates in committees as
- Participates in professional development activities and maintains
- Follows the CHRISTUS Physician Group guidelines related to the
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA),
designed to prevent or detect unauthorized disclosure of Protected
Health Information (PHI).
- Maintains strict confidentiality.
- Uses oral and written communication skills to effectively convey
ideas in a clear, positive manner that is consistent with the
- Maintains established CHRISTUS Physician Group policies,
procedures, objectives, quality assurance, safety, environmental
and infection control.
- Implements job responsibilities in a manner that is consistent
with the CHRISTUS Mission and Code of Ethics and supportive of
CHRISTUS Physician Group's cultural diversity objectives.
- Supports and adheres to CPG Service Guarantee.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous, and helpful
- Checks in patients, verifies and updates necessary information in
the medical record; enters patient demographics and insurance
information into the computer. Assists patients with completing all
necessary forms. Assists patients with ambulatory difficulties.
Notifies the nurse when a patient is ready.
- May be required to maintain appropriate levels of cash and
balance cash drawer per company procedure.
- May process payments received in person and by mail. Records,
totals and prepares monies for deposit according to company
- May be responsible for cross-checking tickets and correcting all
detected errors; notifies supervisor and patient of corrections.
Reconciles daily charge tickets within established guidelines.
- Refers patients to supervisor or Accounts Receivable
representative for clarification or discussion of account and/or
payment terms, within the guidelines of the collections policy.
- Participates with other staff to follow up on accounts until no
balance or the account is turned over for collection. This will be
performed within the guidelines of the collections policies.
- Operation and maintenance of credit and collection equipment and
supplies inventory. Maintains appropriate supply inventory.
- The following duties may also be performed:
- Maintains appointment book, either manually or electronically,
and follows office scheduling policies.
- Answers telephone, screens calls, takes messages and provides
- Files charts, coordinates lab work, physician's report, etc.
Places transcription in appropriate medical record accurately and
in a timely manner; tracks transcription to insure that dictation
is transcribed and properly located in the correct medical
- Assists supervisor with other administrative duties such as
preparing check requests, calculating employee time cards, etc.
- Type correspondence as directed. Sorts and delivers mail, medical
records, and other correspondence.
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for
- Maintains work area and lobby in neat and orderly manner.
Performs other related work as required
- High school graduation or GED. Graduate from an Accredited
Program for Medical Assistants. (Has a diploma from an accredited
school preferred). Knowledge of ICD9, CPT and HCPCS coding and
managed care contracts is desirable
- Previous private office experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification.
EEO is The Law - visit following page for more information
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
We endeavor to make this site accessible to any and all users. If
you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our
website or need assistance completing the application process,
please contact us at (844) 257-6925.
Keywords: Christus Health, Shreveport , Medical Asst Cert, Healthcare , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!