Physician - Primary Care
Company: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Posted on: May 9, 2020
The incumbent for this position works as a member of a
multi-disciplinary health care team, collaborating with other
members of the team to provide Primary Care to Veterans enrolled on
the team. The Physician is expected to demonstrate advanced
competencies and skills in assessing the status of patients and
family members.Note: Only education or degrees recognized by the
U.S. Department of Education from accredited colleges,
universities, schools, or institutions may be used to qualify for
Federal employment. You can verify your education here:
http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation/. If you are using foreign
education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a
Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to
receive credit for that education. For further information, visit:
for this position include but are not limited to:
- Provide comprehensive assessment, diagnostic work-up and clinic
intervention, including comprehensive patient assessment, health
history, physical examination, and patient education to Veterans in
the Primary Care team setting.
- Works collaboratively with other health care professionals to
accomplish patient, service, and medical center goals, promoting
and embracing the Patient Aligned Care Team (PACT) model of care,
utilizing Integrity, Commitment, Advocacy, Respect, Excellence
(ICARE) values throughout the clinic.
- Distinguish between normal and abnormal findings to establish a
diagnosis and initiate appropriate response to emergency health
- Order and evaluate diagnostic tests as appropriate, recommend
treatment and/or referral.
- Initiate appropriate referrals and consultations to other
- Initiate, evaluate, and change orders for medications.
- Follow Performance Measure guidelines, including completion of
clinical reminders; access and timeliness standards; prescription
order entry, National VA formulary Requirements, and customer
- Demonstrates flexibility in responding to clinic demands,
adhere to personal and professional obligations and
- Practice and maintain ethical standards, and sustain a work
environment that is harmonious and customer service oriented.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm
Financial Disclosure Report: Not requiredApplicants pending the
completion of educational or certification/licensure requirements
may be referred and tentatively selected but may not be hired until
all requirements are met.
- United States Citizenship: Non-citizens may only be appointed
when it is not possible to recruit qualified citizens in accordance
with VA Policy.
- Degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting
from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The
degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by
the Department of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course
of study was completed.
- Current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or
surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United
States, or in the District of Columbia.
- Completion of residency training, or its equivalent, approved
by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs in an accredited core
specialty training program leading to eligibility for board
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Physical requirements outlined below.
- Complete a 3-year residency in Internal Medicine or Family
- Considered Board-eligible or Board-certified in Internal
Medicine or Family Medicine.
Reference: VA Regulations, specifically VA Handbook 5005, Part II,
Appendix G-2 Physician Qualification Standard. This can be found in
the local Human Resources Office.
Physical Requirements: Moderate Lifting (15-44 lbs); Moderate
Carrying (15-44 lbs); Straight Pulling (up to 2-3 hours); Pushing
(up to 2-3 hours); Reaching above shoulder; Walking (up to 2-3
hours); Standing (up to 6-8 hours); Kneeling (up to 2-3 hours);
Repeated bending (up to 4-6 hours); Ability for rapid mental and
muscular coordination simultaneously; Near vision correctable; Far
vision correctable; Depth perception; Ability to distinguish basic
colors; Hearing (aid permitted).
Keywords: Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration, Shreveport , Physician - Primary Care, Healthcare , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!