CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant)
Company: Summit LTC
Location: San Augustine
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description:SIGN ON BONUS $6,000Shifts: 6 AM - 6 PM and 6 PM - 6
AMPOSITION SUMMARYWe are looking for a skilled CNA (Certified
Nursing Assistant) to become a part of our facility's compassionate
care-giving team. The CNA will interact directly with patients,
providing comfort and transportation, monitoring their vital signs
and assisting with daily living needs. We are searching for a
dedicated, compassionate and energetic individual to be a vital
link between our patients and the nurses and other facility
staff.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Works alone giving total care or assists residents with
personal hygiene needs and activities of daily life, including but
not limited to:
- Bed bath, tub bath or shower
- Dental, hair and nail care, shaving, dressing and undressing,
application of make-up.
- Elimination needs including toileting by offering bedpan,
urinal or taking to bathroom.
- Ambulating, transferring, positioning by using assistive
devices such as a walker, wheelchair, mechanical lift, gait belt or
- Involve resident/patient in decisions associated with level of
- Performs restorative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as
instructed based on plan of care.
- Assists residents in preparing for activity and social programs
and transport, accompany and participate when assigned.
- Respond to patient emergency call signals, bells, or intercom
systems to identify patient needs promptly.
- Document vital signs, maintains intake and output as requested,
weighs residents as instructed, feeds residents, and other nursing
actions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Notify nurse immediately of any physical or behavioral changes
in a resident/patient (e.g. difficulty breathing, shortness of
breath, difficult to arouse, confusion, skin breakdown, cuts,
bruising, bleeding, and blisters) including any complaints or
grievances made by the resident.
- Knows and follows existing lines of communication and
- Perform all resident care as assigned and according to
(facility) nursing department's policies and procedures. Reads and
follows routine daily to ensure provision of appropriate care.
- Attends department meetings, mandatory in services and seminars
- Maintain at a minimum of 12 hours training each year per CNA
- Comply with all confidentiality and privacy requirements and
- Assures that all resident rights are maintained at all times.
Reports any violations or suspected deviations according to
(facility)'s policy and procedures.
- Follow established safety precautions in performance of all
- Wash hands before and after performing any service for the
resident and follow infection control guidelines and universal
- Ensure wheelchairs, tables, geri chairs, commodes and other
resident equipment is routinely cleaned and inspected.
- Adhere to all nursing and DHHS policies and procedures.
- Encourage and support resident/patient in maintaining or
regaining independence, accommodate individual choices, and assist
in maintaining personal belongings.
- Assist with admissions, transfers and dismissals including
required document completion.
- Report to work at assigned location with regular, predictable,
and consistent attendance.
- Assist the nurses and other staff as needed.PM21.
Requirements:QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an
individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh
school diploma or relevant qualification.
- Completion of a state-approved CNA certification training
course and maintained in good standing.
- Possession of a current valid Texas driver's license or regular
means of transportation to and from work.
- One (1) year of experience as a nursing assistant in a skilled
rehabilitation, skilled nursing or Long-Term Care (LTC) environment
- Experience with electronic medical records preferred.KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be capable of operating a personal computer to enter
resident data as required by regulation and facility policy.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively
with all levels of employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological
- Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply
and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations
using weight measurement, volume, and distance.
- Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high
level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, law
enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
- Resourceful, dependable and accountable
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
and holidays.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSCurrent
Registered Nursing Assistant on the Texas Nurse Aide
Registry.PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands
described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical
- Work requires physical activity including extended periods of
walking and standing with occasional climbing, reaching, carrying,
balancing, kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or carry
equipment, files, and other materials weighing up to 50 pounds as
well as push/pull up to 50 pounds of force with grip strength of 65
- Ability to transfer, and reposition a resident to or from a
bed, wheelchair, and use a mechanical lift, toilet, tub, shower,
occasionally varying degrees of pushing, pulling and lifting due to
the differences in resident weights.
- Must be able to continuously perform simple manipulative
dexterity tasks such as the equipment listed above as well as
safety pin buckles and tie strings. Occasionally perform difficult
- Must be able to detect the smell of smoke, spoiled food, soiled
- The employee must be able to continuously hear normal sounds
and voice patterns with some background noise. Must have adequate
verbal instructions. Must be able to hear audible emergency
signals, alarms, call, light indicators and to be able to answer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Must be
able to continuously notice a change in the resident (breathing,
color, skin breakdown, etc.) Ability to focus and read a
- Visual abilities, correctable to normal ranges, include close,
distance and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those employee encounters while performing
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work is performed indoors in a health care facility.
- Work is performed during assigned shift; however, hours will
occasionally include varied days, hours, holidays, weekends, and
overtime as needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate,
but can occasionally be loud. Subject to frequent
- Incumbents in this position may be exposed to
infectious/communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, and
potential risk of injury from distraught individuals.
- Frequent exposure to chemical compounds of medication and
- Frequent exposure to microbial bacteria and other infectious
agents inherent to care of ill residents.
- Continuous exposure to latex, Tyvex, plastic and/or materials
which are used for personal protective equipment.
- Stress of working with sick residents and their families,
combined with the resident who may be confused, irrational, highly
agitate mood swings. (Frequently)
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and
federal agency personnel and residents.Summit LTC Management, LLC
is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
Keywords: Summit LTC, Shreveport , CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant), Healthcare , San Augustine, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!