Occupational Therapist (Home Health)
Company: Elite Home Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Company Overview:The Occupational Therapist in Home Health is
responsible for the assessment and evaluation of patient care needs
related to functional status, activities of daily living, fine
motor coordination, home assessments and adaptive equipment, and
other occupational therapy needs as defined by medical conditions.
Based on this assessment and evaluation, the Occupational Therapist
helps to determine a treatment plan, performs interventions aimed
at improving and enhancing the patient's well being, and evaluates
the patients progress.
Elite Home Health Nashville, a part of LHC Group, is the preferred
post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians and families
nationwide. From home health and hospice care to long-term acute
care and community-based services, we deliver high-quality,
cost-effective care that empowers patients to manage their health
at home. Hospitals and health systems around the country have
partnered with LHC Group to deliver patient-centered care in the
home. More hospitals, physicians and families choose LHC Group,
because we are united by a single, shared purpose: It's all about
helping people.Essential Functions:
- Provides service within the scope of practice as defined by the
state laws governing the practice of Occupational Therapy, in
accordance with the plan of care, and in coordination with other
members of the health care team.
- Follows the plan of care by leading the patient in the use of
therapeutic, creative, and self-care activities to improve
functioning and safety.
- Observes, records, and reports to the supervising nurse and the
physician the patient's response to treatment and changes to the
- Instructs patient, family, caregiver, and participating members
of the health care team in the areas of therapy in which they can
participate to assist the patient.
- Visits patients according to Plan of Treatment, completes a
progress note for each visit, and submits progress notes per LHC
- Completes all patient evaluations and develops the OT plan of
care within state specific guidelines. Reports outcomes of
evaluation, goals, and anticipated projected frequency of care to
supervising nurse within 24 hours of the evaluation.
- Participates in staff conferences and committees as
- Provides supervision of the OTA as per LHC policy.
- Prepares a written discharge summary and/or a written summary
report on the patient's condition at least every 60 days.
- Conducts patient assessments evaluating the level of function
by applying diagnostic and prognostic functional ability
tests.Education & Experience:License Requirements
- Current Occupational Therapy licensure in state of
- Current CPR certification required.
- Current driver's license, vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.Benefits and More
- Flexible Schedules
- PTO Time
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision packages
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Promotion opportunities
- Continuing EducationEqual Opportunity Employer - vets,
Must be fully vaccinated or be willing to complete full vaccination
by date of hire and proof of vaccination will be required. If
permitted by state law, the company will consider requests for
religious or medical exemptions.
Keywords: Elite Home Health, Shreveport , Occupational Therapist (Home Health), Healthcare , Nashville, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!