Family Therapist - Union Parish
Company: The Center for Children and Families
Posted on: January 25, 2023
THE CENTER FOR CHILDREN AND FAMILIES
FAMILY THERAPIST / COUNSELOR
Provide a range of home-based services to families in Union Parish
according to individual family needs including:
- Assessing and treating individuals and families to achieve more
adequate, satisfying, and productive family and social
- Provide Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT)
for children and families that have experienced trauma.
- Provide Crisis Intervention services as needed.
- Address a wide array of relational issues within the context of
the family system.
- Addressing individuals holistically and contextually.
- Informing Family Advocate of resources needed by the families
and assisting the Family Advocate as needed, if applicable
- M.A. in Marriage and Family Therapy, Clinical Mental Health, or
equivalent degree preferred; experience with families and children
- Must be fully licensed as an LPC, LMFT, or LCSW.
- Willingness to provide hands-on, in-home concrete
- Must have respect for cultural differences and families' rights
- Must be able to assess situations quickly, and have sufficient
ingenuity to cope with limited resources.
- Ability to work well in a team setting.
- Ability to work cooperatively with different types of
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to be flexible in terms of scheduling, where services
are rendered, etc.
The Family Therapist/Counselor is hired by the Program
Director/Clinical Coordinator. The Family Therapist/Counselor
reports directly to the Clinical Coordinator/Team Leader who is
responsible for his/her performance evaluations. The
Therapist/Counselor meets once a week with the Clinical Supervisor
for clinical supervision. When a crisis arises, the
Therapist/Counselor will inform the Clinical Coordinator/Team
- Demonstrate acceptable level of commitment to the Core Values
and Mission of the The Center for Children and Families.
- Become trained and certified in TF-CBT.
- Maintain TF-CBT program fidelity.
- Provide intensive individual and family therapy through
- Maintain contact and face to face visits with entire caseload
as per program requirements.
- Maintain all confidential information.
- Ability to handle crisis situations as needed.
- Be available by phone to clients, collaterals and coworkers on
a consistent basis.
- Provide aftercare sessions as needed.
- Advocate for clients with community agencies/collaterals as
- Complete all necessary training.
- Attend weekly clinical supervision with the Clinical
Coordinator to discuss cases.
- Attend weekly clinical consultation with Brokers of Hope Family
Advocates and Director as needed.
- Maintain communication with community agencies and resource
providers within his/her assigned region.
- Provide Assistance to Family Advocates, where applicable, by
assisting with the coordination of community resources for the
children and families.
- Provide assistance to Family Advocates, where applicable, in
maintaining and organizing program files.
- Provide assistance to the Clinical Coordinator as needed and
- Attend staff meetings and assist in the evaluation of the
- Generate and maintain case notes and treatment plans.
- Complete all paperwork in a timely manner.
- Provide assistance and consultation for other staff members as
needed and when requested.
- Attend conferences, seminars, and meetings as requested by the
- Participate in performance evaluations of this position as
directed by the Clinical Coordinator.
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: The Center for Children and Families, Shreveport , Family Therapist - Union Parish, Healthcare , Farmerville, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!