Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport VASCULAR SURGEON; Full-Time, Academic
Company: Ochsner Health
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport and Louisiana State University
Health Sciences Center- Shreveport seek candidates for a full-time
faculty position at the Assistant or Associate Professor level to
serve in the Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery as part
of our Department of Surgery, Chaired by R. Keith White, MD.
Candidates must be fellowship trained and BE/BC in Vascular
Surgery. The Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- Work in a tertiary care hospital serving an urban and rural
population of approximately 2.5 million, encompassing 25,000 square
miles in Louisiana, East Texas, and Southwestern Arkansas.
- 3 Vascular faculty in the Division, each with a high volume of
clinic and surgical patients; large referral base
- Busy open and endovascular practice with a large referral
volume of complex aneurysms, aorto-iliac disease, limb salvage,
dialysis, carotid disease, TCAR, PE/DVT, venous disease, and
- Modern vascular and endovascular suite dedicated to Vascular
Surgery, which includes ceiling-mounted imaging system and
- Academic practice involving patient care, resident and medical
student education, and clinical and/or basic science research.
Publishing is highly encouraged.
- Currently part of a General Surgery training program with five
categorical positions with a goal of starting (5+2) Vascular
Fellowship Program in the near future Highlights of the Position
- LSU Health Shreveport is home to the School of Medicine, School
of Graduate Studies, and School of Allied Health Professions and a
robust research enterprise. More than 800 students are enrolled in
the degree programs at any one time. Additionally, nearly 600
residents and fellows are trained each year.
- Strategic partnership with Ochsner Health System, the largest
health system in Louisiana
- Collegial and multidisciplinary team of physicians and nurses
to collaborate on a customized plan of care for each patient
- Opportunity for physician leadership and input at all levels of
administration, in the hospital and the medical school
- Both Clinical and Tenure track positions available
- The Virginia Shehee Biomedical Research Institute and Feist
Weiller Cancer Institute located on campus Compensation and
- Salary is commensurate with experience and training
- Generous Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Optional Retirement Plans
Keywords: Ochsner Health, Shreveport , Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport VASCULAR SURGEON; Full-Time, Academic, Healthcare , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...