Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Manager (RN #)
Company: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES
Posted on: February 12, 2019
Family Practice/Primary Care opening in Shreveport, Louisiana. Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Manager in Shreveport, Louisiana. The position is a civilian position providing services within the extensive military medical system, which provides services to active duty service members, military retirees, and their families. Civilian and military personnel work together in the hospitals and clinics.
- Monday-Friday schedule
- Day schedule
- Benefits (health, dental, and vision)
- Holidays off
- PTO PLUS 10 paid holidays Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Manager Position Overview:
- Coordinates patient care through a continuum and facilitates the achievement of optimal outcomes in relation to clinical care, quality and cost effectiveness.
- Identifies and stratifies individual patients and populations of patients across the spectrum of care at risk for chronic diseases and co-morbid conditions, and evaluates the incidence of such conditions from a variety of established data bases and facility treatment team referrals.
- Facilitates identification, adoption, implementation and utilization of standardized clinical practice guidelines and protocols for management of specific diseases/ conditions.
- Identifies, develops and executes appropriate disease management activities and interventions such as, but not limited to, individual and/or group patient contacts and training classes.
- Conducts a thorough evaluation of the patient's current physical, psychosocial and health status. Documents treatment plans and the matches' level of patient's care to clinical risk, readiness to change and health literacy.
- Educates/trains team/facility staff on policies and procedures for utilization of guidelines, protocols and other disease management activities. Fosters collaboration and facilitates disease management activities with the patient care team.
- Identifies, collects, interprets and evaluates measureable outcomes of care within established time frames (i.e., quality of services, cost and cost savings, disease management and improvement). Conducts special studies as indicated based on outcomes and other Quality Management/Risk Management and Population Health programs and indicators.
- Reports data as required
- Proactively coordinates with the Case Manager and Utilization Manager as needed.
- Assists in development of facility's Medical Management/Population Health plan in support of the annual Business Plan, ensuring a process for collecting disease management data, monitoring performance, and identifying improvement opportunities.
- Recognizes adverse signs and symptoms and quickly reacts in emergency situations.
- Completes in-person and telephonic evaluations that include determination of optimal time and location for patient management (i.e., ER, clinic, homecare) and follow-up care as required. Prescribes and communicates treatment plan and patient teaching in accordance with established protocols. Collects and assesses significant patient history information and performs all necessary patient teaching.
- Demonstrates skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as cardiac monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other clinic specific equipment.
- Performs/assists with procedures such as medication administration, oxygen administration, bladder catheterizations, visual acuity tests, EKGs, irrigation of eyes and ears, tympanograms, splinting, phlebotomy and other clinic specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
- Performs assigned duties and tasks in the execution of services to include, but is not limited to: nursing assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of care; tele-health; medication administration; clinical nursing procedures and patient education.
- Coordinates and participates in interdisciplinary team meetings, designated facility meetings, and Care Coordination meetings. Shares knowledge and experiences gained from own clinical nursing practice and education relevant to nursing and disease management. Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Manager position Requirements:
- RN License: active, unrestricted. Any U.S. state honored.
- BLS for Healthcare Providers by AHA
- Computer Competency (Microsoft applications, Outlook, internet)
- Graduate from a nationally recognized accredited nursing program
- Associates Degree of Nursing (ASN)
- BSN preferred
- Demonstrated clinical competency within the past two years in comparable setting of disease management
- At least 36 months of total nursing experience in a direct patient care clinical setting. Position contingent on contract award. Contract starts in Spring 2019. Incumbents highly encouraged to contact us. Come join our team!
Keywords: FEDERAL STAFFING RESOURCES, Shreveport , Registered Nurse (RN) - Disease Manager (RN #), Healthcare , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!