Clinical Liaison Hospital
Company: Louisiana Extended Care Hospital of West Monroe
Posted on: October 12, 2019
LHC Group is the preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals,
physicians and families nationwide. From home health and hospice
care to long-term acute care and community-based services, we
deliver high-quality, cost-effective care that empowers patients to
manage their health at home. Hospitals and health systems around
the country have partnered with LHC Group to deliver
patient-centered care in the home. More hospitals, physicians and
families choose LHC Group, because we are united by a single,
shared purpose: It's all about helping people.
- Responds to patient referrals within an hour of notification of
- Visits the patient to explain doctor's orders, services and LHC
Group procedures and obtains all necessary information to
- Completes an accurate and comprehensive pre-admission screening
of patients that are referred to the LTAC.
- Verifies address, phone number and payer information, and
coordinates the organization and transferring of orders and
referral information to the applicable facility staff.
- Reviews patient pre-admission screening with the Medical
Director within 1-2 hours.
- Notifies the referral source of acceptance or denial of a
patient within 2 hours of receiving the referral.
- Required to obtain Administrator and DON final approval on all
- Actively participates in daily staff meetings at the facility
to ensure patient satisfaction and to validate continuity of
- Participates in meetings as scheduled with staff, DON, Medical
Director and Medical Advisory Board.
- Attends monthly calls and company provided in-service when
- Provides educational in-services to effectively communicate the
features, benefits and specialty programs of LHC Group LTAC and to
educate staff as to what services are available.
- Develops and improves relationships with referring physicians
and other entities in the primary target markets.
- Locates and educates new referral sources on the value of our
unique services and programs.
- Demonstrates a desire to promote the LHC philosophy, ""It's All
About Helping People"" and seeks ways to facilitate helping more
- Communicates with growth team and continually analyzes best
practices and opportunities to provide care to and reach any
underserved population within our service areas.
- Develops and implements an effective census growth plan for
achieving a budgeted admit goal.
- Maintains appropriate statistics and generates reports as
required by the facility's policy and procedure.
- Follows-up on internal and external barriers as related to the
referral/admission process to ensure rapid solutions.
- Reviews and provides to the facility Administrator on a monthly
basis written analysis of referrals that were not admitted and
recommends a plan of action to promote appropriate referrals.
- Effectively, ethically and professionally promotes LHC Group at
conventions, seminars and professional meetings.
- Actively implements new ideas to promote the facility and the
services it provides.
- Maintains and promotes good public relations with the community
by actively participating in opportunities to promote and
- Practices performance management with an ultimate goal of
- Models and fosters open communication among departments, teams
- Exhibits diplomacy and team-building skills in accomplishing
- Allocates the appropriate level of resources based on the
- Demonstrates personal responsibility in regards to time
- Attends Referral Development meetings as directed by the
- Accepts/incorporates constructive feedback from
- Maintains confidentiality at all times and is ethical in manner
when dealing with physicians, staff, patients and families.
- Completes all required expense paperwork and scheduled events
in the Playmaker CRM database in line with company policies.
Formal Education : Associate Degree or certification equivalent
Experience : 1 year
License, Registration, and / or Certification Requirement: Yes
- One (1) year acute care hospital
- Must have independent means of transportation, possess a valid
driver's license and the ability to
- Automobile LIABILITY insurance coverage must be
- Current RN license in state of practice or other professional
licenses as applicable
- Must have computer skills with knowledge of spreadsheet and
- Clerical and business machine skills and knowledge of
- Good organizational and personal communication
- Understanding of LTAC Industry This position with represent the
Shreveport, LA Markets and will report to LTAC Hospitals in Monroe
Our company was founded over 20 years ago on the principle that
---it---s all about helping people,--- and we live by those words
today. It---s our mission to provide exceptional care and
unparalleled service to patients and families who have placed their
trust in us. We grow to fulfill this mission. When you become part
of the LHC Group family, you---re choosing a career path that will
challenge you to grow both personally and professionally.Every day,
all across the country, our LHC Group family is helping people.
There are 10,000 of us, standing shoulder to shoulder, helping the
patients in our care live, fuller, healthier lives. We do this
because helping people is, quite simply, the reason we exist.
It---s our purpose.--
Keywords: Louisiana Extended Care Hospital of West Monroe, Shreveport , Clinical Liaison Hospital, Healthcare , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!