Cashier-Food Service Worker
Location: West Monroe
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Location: US-LA-WEST MONROE
System ID: 798049
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: GLENWOOD REGIONAL MEDICAL
Unit Contact: Cody Carrico 813-265-2639 UNIT DESCRIPTION OFFERING
ALL NEW HIRES SIGN ON BONUSES!! $1,000 for Full Time, and $500 for
Part Time "COVID-19 vaccination required to work at this location"
Sodexo @ Glenwood Regional Medical Center is seeking full time and
part time Cashier Food Service Workers, full availability during
the week, including weekends and Holidays. Glenwood Regional
Medical Center is a 278-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in
West Monroe, Louisiana. Glenwood offers comprehensive healthcare
services, including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical
procedures, diagnostic imaging, maternity care, rehabilitation
services, and help for a broad range of medical conditions.
Equipped with the most advanced medical technology and staffed by a
team of highly skilled healthcare professionals, Glenwood is
committed to providing high-quality care in a friendly hospital
environment. Apply now for immediate consideration. Final
candidates will submit to additional pre-employment requirements
#CB #PM #HS #IN Benefits Eligibility Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo,
we believe every employee should have the resources to be their
best. As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs
designed to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health,
dental and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). Position Summary The Cashier/Food
Service Worker works primarily in the foodservice operation,
handling cash and credit transactions from Sodexo customers. In
addition, they will assist in setup and serving of food from
counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and
sanitizing equipment and workstations. As a cashier, they must
accurately operate the cash register/POS and complete the
transactions. Will also provide support to the retail operation,
including setup, maintaining supplies and products, and assisting
in cleanup and closedown. The general responsibilities of the
position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other
responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ
among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Operates a cash register (or equivalent), receives payments of
cash, checks and charges from customers or employees for goods or
services, making change and issuing receipts or tickets to
- Responsible for accurate ring of proper PLU for sale items
and/or accurate barcode scan.
- Provides the highest quality of service to customers at all
- Maintains proper security of cash at all times.
- Understands and follows Sodexo cash-handling policies and
- May assist in locating, reconciling and verifying the accuracy
of transactions and operate peripheral equipment that records and
supports non-cash transactions.
- May also be required to prepare for service before the meal and
clean the dining room after the meal (wiping tables, vacuuming the
floor, cleaning chairs, ensuring the acceptable appearance of the
- May set up and stock the beverage area, grab and go items,
service ware and condiments or other assigned areas.
- Sets up stations with entrees, soups, salads, breads,
condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables
(sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at
the end of meal periods.
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations, counters, steam tables and
- Brews coffee and tea. May be required to restock other beverage
- Interacts with customers in the serving and dining areas.
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May maintain inventory, stock, and requisitions as well as
complete assigned tasks from management every day.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to
- Basic food-handling skills Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud. Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Shreveport , Cashier-Food Service Worker, Hospitality & Tourism , West Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!