Cook - Grill
Location: West Monroe
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Location: US-LA-WEST MONROE
System ID: 798047
Category: Food Service
Employment Status: Full-Time
Unit Name: GLENWOOD REGIONAL MEDICAL
Unit Contact: Cody Carrico 318-267-2639 UNIT DESCRIPTION OFFERING
ALL NEW HIRES SIGN ON BONUSES!! $1,000 for Full Time, and $500 for
Part Time "COVID-19 vaccination required to work at this location"
Sodexo @ Glenwood Regional Medical Center is seeking full time and
part time Grill Cooks, full availability during the week, including
weekends and Holidays. Glenwood Regional Medical Center is a
278-bed, state-of-the-art hospital located in West Monroe,
Louisiana. Glenwood offers comprehensive healthcare services,
including emergency care, heart care, advanced surgical procedures,
diagnostic imaging, maternity care, rehabilitation services, and
help for a broad range of medical conditions. Equipped with the
most advanced medical technology and staffed by a team of highly
skilled healthcare professionals, Glenwood is committed to
providing high-quality care in a friendly hospital environment.
Apply now for immediate consideration. Final candidates will submit
to additional pre-employment requirements #CB #PM #HS #IN Benefits
Eligibility Full Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we believe every
employee should have the resources to be their best. As part of our
overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed to help you
maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental and vision
insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their benefits, which
will be effective beginning on their first day with Sodexo. We also
offer other benefits like paid time off, financial and savings
programs and access to our employee assistance program and other
discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be available to
all employees). Position Summary Accurately and efficiently
prepare, portion, grill, and present a variety of hot and/or cold
food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch,
Dinner, and Special/Catered Events. The general responsibilities of
the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify
other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may
differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
requirements. General Responsibilities:
- Prepares, seasons and cooks meats and vegetables using skill in
frying, grilling and sautéing.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks starches, vegetables and other side
hot food items.
- Performs food preparation work for cooking, including
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to recipe.
- Deep fries, grills and sautés meats, fish, vegetables, and
other foods. Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting,
smelling, and piercing.
- Portions food on serving plates.
- May add gravies, sauces, and garnishes to servings.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items,
receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and
prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must
follow all Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Responsible for following food safety and physical safety
policies at all times, while utilizing personal protective
equipment (PPE) when required by management.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
satisfactory regularity. Experience/Knowledge:
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling
procedures preferred. Skills/Aptitude:
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the
- Focuses primarily on own area of specialty.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity of kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised.
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment.
- Must be organized and a problem solver.
- Some heavy lifting required. Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds. Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud. Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Keywords: Sodexo, Shreveport , Cook - Grill, Hospitality & Tourism , West Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!