Vice President of Information Technology, Communications & Cooperative Services
Company: College of Charleston
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Vice President of Information Technology, Communications &
Cooperative Services Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative
Application Attachments: Please include your resume and up to two
additional documents. Add File Southwest Arkansas Electric
Cooperative has an opening at the Texarkana, Arkansas, Headquarters
office for Vice President of Information Technology, Communications
& Cooperative Services. A Bachelor's degree in computer science,
information technology, engineering, math or related field is
preferred. A minimum of 10 years' experience performing and/or
supervising work directly related to information technology and
communications is preferred. Additional education may be considered
in lieu of experience. Starting Salary is $125,000. Please submit a
resume, cover letter and references no later than February 5, 2021.
Applications are available at www.swrea.com.-- Interview is by
invitation only. This institution is an equal opportunity provider
and employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or
- Direct responsibility for the management of Information
Technology, Communications and Cooperative Services.
- Responsible for managing the installation, evaluation and
maintenance of the Cooperative's information technology,
communication, and cooperative service systems.
- Establishes and manages policies, procedures, and standards to
ensure Cooperative-wide conformance.
- Manages security policies and procedures to protect the
information, technology, communication, and cooperative service
- Makes recommendations to the CEO related to the purchasing and
installation of hardware and software for information, technology,
communication, and cooperative service systems.
- Develops and writes procedures as needed for problem solving of
hardware and software for information technology, communication,
and cooperative service systems.
- Responsible for managing the installation, modification, and
repair of hardware and software for all systems. Also provides
technical assistance and training to system users.
- Negotiates and reviews complex proposals and contracts for
purchase of IT products and services. Develops partnership
- Manages the installation of specified software packages, such
as operating systems, NISC software and other specialized programs
onto the server or individual computers.
- Instructs users in the use of equipment, software, and
- Answers users' questions concerning systems operation; diagnose
system hardware, software, or operator problems, and recommend or
perform remedial action to correct problems based on knowledge of
- Responsible for managing the replacement of defective or
inadequate software packages.
- Responsible for managing the Cooperative's website and social
- Responsible for other duties as assigned by the CEO.
- Responsible for working with the VP of Member Services,
Accounting, Finance and Human Resources for identifying and
securing Electronic Protected health Information (EPHI).
Responsible for policies and procedures that make all electronic
forms of access to EPHI compliant with HIPAA security, rules, and
guidelines. Will document and correct security incidents and report
them to the CEO.
- Responsible for working with VP of Engineering and Operations
to ensure all systems are providing information to assist in
providing first class electric service to consumers.
- Responsible for managing the duties and activities of Central
Dispatch and Control.
- Responsible for managing Cooperative communications with
employees, the members, and the general public.
- Responsible for providing various monthly and annual
- Responsible for PSC quality of service report and audits.
- Responsible for assisting with employee training and evaluation
and for promoting and coordinating NISC and other IT training for
- Responsible for assisting with revisions to Strategic Plan and
Emergency Restoration Plan.
- Responsible for resolving member service problems related to
- Responsible for timesheet review and approval of all members of
- Responsible for managing the system data back-up and
- Responsible for issuing accurate, monthly billing to consumers
and all procedures involved in the process.
- Responsible for managing advertising, dues, and donations of
- On a constant basis, responsible for examining all activities
of the Cooperative to determine where technology can be used to
make SWAECC better.
- Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and evaluating
all duties in a constant pursuit of excellence.
- Delivers a monthly report to the Board of Directors.
- Perform other job assignments as directed and required and is
subject to callout 24/7. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Valid driver's license required.
- The position requires a minimum of 10 years experience with
information technology and communication disciplines.
- Experience with an electric cooperative is preferred but not
- The position requires strong verbal and written communication
- The position requires a proven ability to work in a
collaborative manner with an extended team of peer managers and to
supervise a group of technicians. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
- Ability to work with the V.P. Engineering and Operations and
Information, V.P. Finance, Accounting and Member Services, Director
of Engineering, Director of Operations and CEO.
- Ability to work with other engineering, operations, accounting
personnel and general office employees as required.
- Ability to work with contract service personnel in the repair
and maintenance of all information technology and communications
equipment. SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise, assist, and evaluate all supervised employees.
- Manager of Networks, Systems & Applications is a direct report
to the Vice President of Information Technology, Communications and
Cooperative Services EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION:
- High School diploma or equivalent is required.
- Prefer an individual with a Bachelor's degree from an
accredited college or university in computer science, information
technology, engineering, math or related field.
- Prefer an Individual with a minimum of ten (10) years
experience performing and/or supervising work directly related to
information technology and communications.
- At least 10 years of combined experience in information,
technology and communications with an electric cooperative will be
considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the ability to
effectively organize, delegate and supervise employees.
- Individual must be able to work well with others and have an
acute consciousness of safety and a positive attitude toward
- Additional education may be considered in lieu of experience.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is negotiable based on
About Southwest Arkansas Electric Cooperative SOUTHWEST ARKANSAS
ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE CORP., with headquarters in Texarkana,
Arkansas, is a progressive rural electric utility service with over
28,000 meters in southwest Arkansas. 66 George Street
Charleston, South Carolina 29424
Keywords: College of Charleston, Shreveport , Vice President of Information Technology, Communications & Cooperative Services, IT / Software / Systems , Texarkana, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!