Associate QC/Sr. Scientist
Company: Dr Reddy Laboratories LA LLC
Posted on: January 16, 2020
Position at Dr. Reddy's Laboratories, Inc.
At Dr. Reddy\'s "Good Health Can\'t Wait"
By joining Dr. Reddy s, you will contribute to making the
breakthroughs of tomorrow a reality today! From making medicines
more affordable to discovering innovative treatment options to
satisfy unmet medical needs, we are dedicated to helping people
lead longer and healthier lives. We are seeking dynamic and
energetic individuals ready to inspire, ready to make a difference
for their community and every community.
Associate QC/Sr. Scientist- Methods Validation Chemist (New
This position will be based in Shreveport, LA. The position will be
part of a team of Chemists in the Quality Control laboratory that
supports the analytical testing of pharmaceutical raw materials,
finished products, in-process materials, and cleaning validation
activities. Special emphasis will be placed on the development and
validation of analytical test methods.
* Bachelor Degree in Chemistry/Biochemistry is required.
* Minimum 5 years+ experience working in a quality control
laboratory of the pharmaceutical industry with adherence to Good
Manufacturing Practice Regulations of FDA.
* Working knowledge of compendia guidance and ICH guidelines with
successful application through actual project work.
* Work requires thorough understanding and proficiency in the use
of HPLC, GC, IR, TOC, KF, UV/VIS Spectroscopy, Dissolution and wet
chemistry and other analytical techniques.
* Knowledge of the following: Laboratory safety and hazardous waste
requirements, Data acquisition applications and databases, USP
* Work requires the ability, initiative, and judgment to perform
detailed technical work outlined in procedures with minimum
supervision along side with experienced chemists in the
* Analytical methods development/validation/qualification
experience is highly desirable.
* Knowledge and on the job experience with (1) raw materials and
drug product testing, (2) SAP, and (3) Empower Data system is
* Analysis of raw materials, drug products, in-process materials,
stability samples, and cleaning verification and validation samples
according to the assigned specifications, methods and
* Preparation of reagents/standards/medias needed for analysis
according to established methods.
* Disposal of hazardous waste according to environmental
regulations and company/departmental procedures.
* Tabulation and interpretation of results of analysis as recorded
in notebooks, test reports and logbooks.
* Capable of self-scheduling of work assignments
* Assures right-first-time execution of departmental methods and
* Ability to develop and validate instrumental methods in support
of Drug Substances and Drug products
* Audits and verifies results, including but not limited to,
calculations in notebooks/logbooks and results in reports to check
for accuracy and integrity of data.
* Writes and reviews analytical methods, deviations, protocols,
SOPs and any other technical document.
* Lead all analytical method validation, verification, and transfer
activities as required by their area.
* Supports Material Evaluation Process for new materials
* Participates in inter-departmental task teams.
* Provides training for new or existing personnel.
* Performs other miscellaneous duties as required.
* Works flexible hours including weekends and evenings to
accommodate the production / validation schedule.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated
against on the basis of disability.
Keywords: Dr Reddy Laboratories LA LLC, Shreveport , Associate QC/Sr. Scientist, Other , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!