Southern Trace Country Club in Shreveport, LA is excited to
announce the exceptional career opportunity of Director of
Tennis. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality
environment and be highly focused on providing superior
Key Responsibilities of the Director of Tennis:
• Supervises all tennis play and proper charging of fees,
and rental of equipment.
• Initiates, directs and promotes tennis clinics and
programs in an effort to attract and maintain members’ tennis
• Develops, implements and supervises lesson programs
provided by instructors for adults and juniors.
• Coordinates with tennis team captains regarding the team
• Enforces all club rules and regulations governing the use
of the club/facility, its equipment and other property.
• Prepares a monthly calendar of events.
• Works cooperatively with other departments to develop
combined programs for the membership.
• Ensures proper inspection of the courts/facilities on a
daily basis prior to the start of play and ascertain that all
necessary maintenance has been performed and the courts are in a
safe working order. Reports any maintenance problems to the
facilities maintenance department.
• Monitors court usage including special events, clinics
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning,
assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding,
and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving
• Manages department members that may include, but is not
limited to: Tennis Instructors, tennis desk staff, court
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given
to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
• Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly
in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
• Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent
service to achieve member satisfaction.
• Regular and reliable attendance.
• Incorporates safe work practices in job performance.
Minimum Qualifications for the Director of Tennis
• Associate’s degree (AA); and three to five years related
experience as a head tennis professional/instruction; or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
• Possesses U.S.T.A. rating of 5.0 or better.
• CPR, First Aid Certification, Teaching Certification