Retail Merchandising Supervisor
Posted on: November 19, 2020
Are You Ready to Make It Happen at Mondelēz International?
Join our Mission to Lead the Future of Snacking. Make It With
You lead a field sales representative team to ensure delivery of
the sales strategy and achievement of annual KPIs and targets for a
particular area. You work closely with cross-functional colleagues
to deliver on activation and reporting against KPIs.
How you will contribute
- Manage, develop and motivate the team and work closely with the
sales capability team to ensure delivery of training to the
- Create and manage an annual business unit plan to deliver
agreed channel revenue KPI's and targets and provide reporting as
- Manage winning customer business relationships that facilitate
"best in industry" execution of our categories.
- Work closely with key stakeholders including the account team,
category, activation team, sales capability and customer finance to
provide the optimum return across your area.
- Fully understand category and insights knowledge, coaching the
team in the use of category tools to engage and influence customers
to make informed decisions that will grow our categories and
deliver our annual plan.
What you will bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career and the
following experience and knowledge:
- Knowledge of market and routes-to-market in which Mondelēz
- Experience in sales
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interacting skills
- Solid knowledge about sales and negotiation processes
- Perseverance and attention to details
USA Retail Merchandising SupervisorCompensation: SalaryPrimary
Location: Shreveport, LA
The role of the Retail Merchandising Supervisor (RMS) is the
accountability for the hiring, training/coaching and monitoring the
hourly merchandising staff to achieve world class retail
effectiveness while optimizing cost efficiencies. Individuals will
need to ensure all in-store activities are properly executed to
support the merchandising plan.
The Retail Merchandising Supervisor will have an assigned geography
and Sales Service Representatives who are scheduled to perform
in-store activities (merchandising, display building, backroom
management, etc.). The Retail Merchandising Supervisor will oversee
these individuals and aid in developing their capabilities.
A successful Retail Merchandising Supervisor should have sound
understanding and be well suited to assume the responsibilities of
the role by excelling in the following skills:
- Actively participate in the interview process of new hires via
in-person or video conferencing of prospective candidates.
- Manage the selection process for all new hires to the Sales
Service Representative (SSR's) position.
- Ensures newly hired SSRs participate in a standard
on-boarding/orientation process and all appropriate training
programs within the prescribed timelines.
- Responsible for on the job coaching as well as providing
continuous learning and development for SSRs.
- Utilizes the Performance Management process to assist in
correcting substandard work practices by direct reports.
- Communicate Sales team/area priorities and help SSRs prioritize
time and efficient work standards.
- Ensure all merchandising activities are properly executed at
store level to support merchandising game plan.
- Responsible for annual performance appraisals for all direct
- Approves all requests for leave in a timely manner and
communicates to impacted employee.
- Has a general understanding of employee benefits for both full
time and part time eligibility.
- Works in a collaborative environment with District Managers to
ensure merchandising standards are adhered to.
- Conflict Management: Ability to identify and manage areas of
conflict, defusing situations of conflict and creating an
- Confronting Direct Reports: Open and candid feedback to aid in
identifying areas of skill development and overall performance
opportunities of direct reports.
- Customer Focus: Using sales and business approaches that
provide service and value beyond customers' expectations and
helping customers identify and execute the appropriate strategies
for their business success.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Excel at encouraging
individual development by incorporating Praise, Question, Polish
into daily coaching routine. Seek out opportunities to mentor
others in their development.
- Managing Diversity: Awareness of both the qualitative and
quantitative aspects of a diverse group of direct reports. Strive
to bring out the best in all employees.
- Informing: Skilled in communicating with a broad range of
Mondelēz employees and store personnel.
- Listening: Strive to gain a complete understanding prior to
rendering decisions. Ensure there is a balance in this competency
with providing input to others.
- Motivating Others: Incorporate varied methodologies to inspire
direct reports to produce beyond their capabilities.
- Planning: Develop strategies that address key organizational
initiatives while balancing the need to operate in a coat efficient
- Sizing Up People: Taking the time to understand the whole
employee and not just their performance. Asking the right questions
to gain a complete perspective.
- Building Effective Teams: Incorporate coaching techniques and
motivational skills to develop a sense of team versus
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's Degree
- You must be at least 18 years of age, have a valid driver's
- A flexible work schedule maybe required, including being
available to work weekends and holidays
- Previous Retail, Sales and/or Customer Service experience a
- Successful completion of drug test, MVR check, and general
- Ability to perform physical demanding work in a fast-pace work
environment and meet the defined physical activities (frequent
lifting, bending, and carrying up to 25 lbs., occasionally over 50
lbs., pushing, pulling, etc.) while adhering to the safety
expectations and processes
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office, Internet and
Within Country Relocation support available and for candidates
voluntarily moving internationally some minimal support is offered
through our Volunteer International Transfer Policy
Business Unit Summary
The United States is the largest market in the Mondelēz
International family with a significant employee and manufacturing
footprint. Here, we produce our well-loved household favorites to
provide our consumers with the right snack, at the right moment,
made the right way. We have corporate offices, sales, manufacturing
and distribution locations throughout the U.S. to ensure our iconic
brands-including Oreo and Chips Ahoy! cookies, Ritz, Wheat Thins
and Triscuit crackers, and Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids
confectionery products -are close at hand for our consumers across
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any
other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require
accommodation to participate in the job application process may
contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
Keywords: Mondelez, Shreveport , Retail Merchandising Supervisor, Other , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!