Staff Industrial Hygienist
Posted on: June 9, 2021
Investigate sites to identify any physical or environmental
risks. Perform field studies including airborne chemical
monitoring, noise monitoring, indoor air quality, asbestos surveys
and Phase I preliminary site assessments. Develop sampling
strategies and outline required analysis. Research regulatory
standards and hazard data. Evaluate sampling results. Prepare risk
assessment reports and develop recommendations to correct and
improve the environment. Present and communicate findings and
report recommendations to clients.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects.
Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or
concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all
- Proficient industrial hygiene professional responsible for
conducting site testing and making recommendations for systems
design on smaller projects of minimal complexity.
- May assist more senior industrial hygienists, scientists and
engineers on large, more complex projects.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data
collection or assignments.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects
by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and
collect data and/or document site activities.
- Responsible for developing written proposals to clients for
approval by senior level professionals.
- Evaluates moderately complex laboratory and field data and
assembles in written reports.
- May serve as team member or participate in meetings and
communications with client pertaining to specific
- May oversee work performed by lower level industrial
hygienists, scientists, technicians or engineers.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Environmental Science
or related science field.
- Minimum 1-3 years' experience.
- Master's degree preferred.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH).
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering
firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon
has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in
environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services.
Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150
offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon's growth
is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service
and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in
Terracon's vision of "Together, we are best at people" is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority,
female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered
for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant
for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion,
national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
gender, disability, age, or military status.
Keywords: Terracon, Shreveport , Staff Industrial Hygienist, Other , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!