MISSION / SUMMARY: Position is key to shift operation and
productivity of 1 paper machine, and supervising the union hourly
workforce assigned to those machines.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the
- Directly supervises 20 - 30 hourly employees. Plans and
controls production performance as measured against operating
targets developed according to machine capabilities, manpower
capabilities and projected business.
- Responsible for the planning and monitoring of production
performance against key operating targets.
- Coordinate on-shift work orders and routine maintenance.
- Ensures compliance to established customer quality and
- Actively leads and participates in plant safety, housekeeping,
5S and lean manufacturing programs by ensuring goals are met within
- Ensures completion of all required paperwork, schedules, work
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
- 3 - 5 years of supervisory experience in paper
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's degree Preferably Pulp and Paper Science or
- Ability to work a rotating 12-hour shift schedule including
- This 5-week rotation provides weekends off: 2 long weekends
Friday through Sunday and one Friday and Saturday off.
- The incumbent must provide strong leadership and teamwork to
make a quality product while ensuring safe and efficient
- SAP experience preferred.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the
box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the
microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held
your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of
craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest
manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of
the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice,
household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in
Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative,
passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer
packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations
in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive
to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in
the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace
diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are
among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make
our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of,
we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here
to view the EEO is the Law Poster.