Apprentice 3 - SWEPCO - Shreveport LA (32534)
Company: Mammoth Energy Services, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
USE: This document outlines the major responsibilities of the
position. It shall be used to ensure there are no misunderstandings
relative to the scope of responsibilities associated with the
position. It will also be used as part of the employee
recruitment/orientation process, and as a tool in defining
benchmarks for evaluating employee performance. The Company
reserves the right to change this document at any time.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: The Apprentice 3 Lineman is responsible for
all Apprentice 1 & 2 responsibilities in addition to working
energized and de-energized lines and equipment.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: Included but not limited to:
- Thorough knowledge of methods, practices and equipment of
electrical line work.
- Thorough knowledge of hazards of electrical work and necessary
- Ability to climb poles and perform strenuous duties in a
variety of weather conditions.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions and communicate
effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work with angry or difficult customers.
- Skill in operating listed tools and equipment.
- Ability to accurately read and record data from various types
of meter dials.
- Ability to work in inclement weather.
- Ability to operate service truck.
- String wire on new construction or in repairing line
- Sets and connects transformers and other electrical
- Climbs poles and makes necessary repairs.
- Performs related work as required.
- Responds to work orders for utility disconnections,
reconnections, new orders, and other public works service.
- Maintains assigned tools and equipment.
- Must stand on-call after working hours as needed and
- Apprentice 3 lineman is responsible for ensuring safety
standards for himself and his crew and is responsible for his/her
own safety at all times.
- Safety should be the number one priority of any apprentice
- It is the apprentice lineman's responsibility to report and all
accidents/incidents to the foreman immediately and to make the
foreman aware of any known potential safety hazards that may
- Other duties as assigned.
2yrs.- 3yrs. experience or equivalent hours. Must possess a
valid state issued drivers license. Must have a Class A CDL.
complete OSHA 10hr safety training program within 60 days.
Completion of formal training program or at least four year of
verifiable experience including three years of energized work.
Successful completion of appropriate knowledge and skills
Keywords: Mammoth Energy Services, Inc., Shreveport , Apprentice 3 - SWEPCO - Shreveport LA (32534), Other , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!