Dialysis Registered Nurse (RN)
Company: Dialysis Clinic
Posted on: June 12, 2021
A $10,000 Sign On Incentive is Available.
Did you know that some of the industry's most talented and
caring registered nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped
DCI achieve the lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among
large dialysis providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think
our Nurses are pretty awesome; they make a difference in our
patients' lives by helping them live longer and achieve a better
quality of life.
Our mission is "the care of the patient is our reason for
existence." What's yours?
The Dialysis Registered Nurse provides specialized nursing care
in the in-center hemodialysis unit. The RN works in collaboration
with all clinic team members to ensure every patient receives the
safest care with the highest quality outcomes.
This position is full-time, 4 days/week.
- Performs hemodialysis treatments in accordance with approved
facility policies and procedures.
- Prior to initiation of dialysis, ensures dialysis machine, its
alarms, and all products used during treatment are prepped and meet
- Monitors the patient during dialysis, assess any emergent
changes in the patient's condition, and communicates any problems
to the physician and patient's family.
- Administers and charts all prescribed pre, intra, and post
dialysis medications and charge items in the Medical Information
System (MIS) and on the treatment flow sheet.
- Follows CDC/CMS regulations with strict reinforcement of
- Participates in patient care conferences, medical rounds and
chart reviews, as assigned.
- Documents patient education to ensure compliance with the local
ESRD Network, CMS, DCI corporate and clinic requirements.
- Interacts with local hospitals as a liaison to facilitate
continuity of care.
- Assists in teaching and training new staff members as directed
by the head nurse.
- Collaborates with all staff members and renal team members to
maintain medication inventory, ensure the dialysis machines are
functioning properly, and maintain an adequate stocking of unit
- Works with the head nurse and nurse manager to assure that OSHA
compliance, occurrence reporting, and emergency preparedness is up
- A degree from an accredited registered nursing program is
- Must maintains a current license in the state of Louisiana as a
- Previous dialysis experience preferred.
- Applicant must have excellent communication skills and a
demonstrated high level of clinical excellence.
- DCI provides comprehensive hands-on training and theory
orientation in order to equip our nurses for success.
DCI is a federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. If you are
having difficulty using the online application system or would like
to request other accommodations or application methods, please
contact Doug Patterson at Accommodations@dciinc.org or
615-327-3061. Once a request has been made, DCI will initiate a
discussion with you about your needs and whether an accommodation
can be provided. DCI is committed to providing such accommodations
For more information about equal opportunity please see:
Keywords: Dialysis Clinic, Shreveport , Dialysis Registered Nurse (RN), Other , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!