Senior System Compliance Specialist
Company: Murphy USA, Inc.
Location: El Dorado
Posted on: June 12, 2021
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
The Senior Systems Compliance Specialist will assist in the
development and implementation of compliance programs for the
organization and monitor business activities for compliance with
applicable rules and regulations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting and assisting with regularly scheduled compliance
audits on systems and hosting third-party audits as required in
order to maintain certifications and compliance certificates.
- Collaborate with department personnel to ensure that
Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and PCI Regulation objectives, deliverables and
timelines are met. Work with process owners to develop, maintain
and review the Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and PCI documentation.
- Assist with coordination and performance of the quarterly and
annual Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and PCI testing.
- Coordinate and track internal/external testing of controls and
track the status of gaps and remediation actions. Considerable
responsibility with regard to general assignments in planning time,
method, manner, and/or sequence of performance of own work; may
also occasionally assist in the planning of work assignments
performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Assisting team members and internal clients in addressing
highly complex security and compliance issues applicable to
enterprise environments and assisting in the remediation of
deficiencies in internal controls (specifically with respect to the
- Assist with the development of departmental processes and
procedures as well as the development of an automated System
Compliance Activity Program.
- Collaborate with other Technology Services departments to
ensure distribution of uniform governance documents and policies
are centrally managed. Share and leverage successful products,
processes and best practices across the organization.
- Communicate with TS administers, developers and support teams
to help improve the Company's security and compliance posture
- Prepare presentations and provide status updates as needed for
use by management. Coordinate training on internal controls and
company policies and procedures.
- Develop/maintain working knowledge of laws and industry
guidance for establishing, maintaining and reporting on internal
- Work on special assignments as needed as well as perform any
other related duties as required or assigned.
CORE COMPETENCIES & ACCOMPLISHMENT
- Strong knowledge of such fields as security, risk and
compliance, auditing etc.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office Products (i.e.,
Excel, Word, SharePoint, Access, etc.)
- Board technical knowledge of information systems, networks,
identity and access management
- Ability to execute, implement and enforce activities
- Proficient in NIST, COBIT, ISO, and COSO frameworks
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in working
with information of propriety or sensitive nature.
- CISSP, CISM, CISA, CIA, or any other security certification a
- BS or BA required; Equivalent to a four-year college degree (7
to 10 direct experience), plus 1 to 5 years related experience
and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and
- Ability to read and understand documents such as policy
manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals; Ability to write routine reports and
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to
questions in person-to-person and small group situations with
customers, clients, general public and other employees of the
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, ratios, and
proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
known variables in situations where only limited standardization
Keywords: Murphy USA, Inc., Shreveport , Senior System Compliance Specialist, Other , El Dorado, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!