Heavy Industrial Process Manufacturing Training Supervisor
Company: Graphic Packaging International, LLC
Location: West Monroe
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Supvr., Training II (PM)Requisition ID: 14718-159Location: West
Monroe, LA, US, 71294Category: Manufacturing ManagementTravel: No
Travel RequiredMISSION / SUMMARY:This position reports to the
Manufacturing Manager and supports the training and paper machine
functions for the West Monroe Mill. The position is responsible for
organizing and implementing the training programs for the
Manufacturing part of the mill. This position is primarily
responsible for the development and maintenance of training plans
for salaried and hourly personnel in the Manufacturing areas. The
successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to collaborate
with the appropriate shareholders to develop specific training
plans, acquire support for the plans and partner with the
appropriate areas to deliver the training and measure the
effectiveness.JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not
limited to the following.
- Develop training/education systems and manage training
facilities/coordinate use of training resources.
- Develop training curricula/materials and conduct/facilitate
- Conduct training needs assessments as needed.
- Maintain employee training materials and update as
- Assist with the organization of new employee training.
- Ensure on-going employee development and identify training
- Partner with HR Training Supervisor to assess, develop and
- Assist in maintaining the training database in SharePoint and
- Actively leads and participates in plant safety, housekeeping,
5S and lean manufacturing programs by ensuring goals are met within
- Ensures completion of all required paperwork, schedules, work
- The following duties are required as assigned:
- Responsible for the planning and monitoring of production
performance against key operating targets.
- Coordinate on-shift work orders and routine maintenance.
- Ensures compliance to established customer quality and
- Other duties as assigned.Required SkillsBACKGROUND /
- Three (3) to Five (5) years of supervisory skills with paper
machine operations preferred
- Three (3) years of experience with industrial training.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor's Degree required or equivalent work experienceSKILLS:
- Effective interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability assess training/educational needs and develop lesson
plans to address gaps.
- Good organization skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Able to motivate people to perform at a higher level.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office SCHEDULE DEMANDS:
- General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee
must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may
include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual
while doing so.
- Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding
or by rail. PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to
- Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
- Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
- Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
- Integrity & Trust
- Action Oriented
- Decision Quality
- Problem Solving
- OrganizingRequired ExperienceAt Graphic Packaging International
(NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's
cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your
lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and
the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight!
We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and
paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized
brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and
pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team
of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are
committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of
difference. With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70
locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim,
we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our
industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed
to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs
that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people
who make our company successful. If this sounds like something you
would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more
about us at www.graphicpkg.com. Inspired Packaging. A World of
Difference.Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications
for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on
an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or
sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity,
genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any
other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Keywords: Graphic Packaging International, LLC, Shreveport , Heavy Industrial Process Manufacturing Training Supervisor, Other , West Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!