Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: BUS OPERATORDivision/Department:
TRANSPORTATIONReports To: DIRECTOR OF TRANSPORTATION ESSENTIAL
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Applicants must have a valid Commercial Driver's License with
Passenger Endorsement for job consideration.
- Safely operates transit buses in revenue service according to
the State of Louisiana traffic regulations, transporting passengers
over established city routes according to required time
- Collects and counts passenger fares and verifies valid passes
and identification cards.
- Conduct ridership surveys, reports bus stop and bus shelter
problems, delays due to accidents, street closures, and passenger
- Provides passengers with information regarding bus routes,
answers service questions and announces major bus stops and
- Enforce company policies regulating passenger conduct.
- Operates other bus related equipment including wheelchair
lifts, ramps and two way radio systems. DESIRED SKILLS AND
- Skilled in safe driving practices and good public
- Ability to communicate effectively both oral and written
including presentation abilities.
- Ability to establish and maintain an effective and cooperative
working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, other company
employees, city officials and the general public using courtesy,
tact, and good judgment.
- Ability to deal with difficult situations and understand the
views and concerns of others.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a diverse
- Ability to work in varying weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to
completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed
routines, and standard accepted practices within 60 days of
employment. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent
- MUST be at least 21 years of age or older and possess a valid
Commercial Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement
- MUST be available to work varying shifts to include days,
nights, weekends and holidays.
- MUST be able to pass physical agility tests with no limitations
on upper or lower back.
- MUST be able to walk, kneel, bend, push and/or pull to complete
moderate to heavy lifting when necessary to perform the essential
functions of the position.
- MUST be available to work the extra board six days per week
after successful completion of orientation and training.Following a
6-month probationary period, successful candidate must be able to
perform all essential duties satisfactorily with minimum
supervision. IMPORTANT INFORMATIONAll positions are Safety
Sensitive and require pre-employment drug testing; background
checks; clean driving records and applicants must be able to work
Require that applicants have no more than two (2) moving violations
in the past five years and no convictions of a serious traffic
violation (i.e., DWI, driving with a suspended, canceled or revoked
license) in the past five years.
SporTran provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, SporTran complies with
applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in
employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment,
including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination,
layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation and
Keywords: SporTran, Shreveport , Bus Operator, Other , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!