Operations Specialist - West Monroe
Company: Kinder Morgan
Location: West Monroe
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies
in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately
84,000 miles of pipelines and 157 terminals. Our pipelines
transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2)
and more. Our terminals store and handle petroleum products,
chemicals and other products.Kinder Morgan is committed to being a
good corporate citizen and conducting ourselves in an ethical and
responsible manner. We spend hundreds of millions of dollars each
year on integrity management and maintenance programs to operate
our assets safely and to protect the public, our employees,
contractors and the environment. Operationally, we continue to
perform better than our industry peers relative to environmental,
health and safety measures.The Operations Specialist is based out
of our Tennessee Natural Gas (TGP) West Monroe, LA Compressor
Station Number 47 located at 200 Worthey Road, West Monroe, LA
71291. This is a Monday through Friday position with rotating
on-call responsibilities for nights and weekends. Kinder Morgan
offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision,
life insurance, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid time
off.To be considered for our West Monroe, LA Operations Specialist
position, click on "Apply Now" to sign in or create an account to
upload your resume. This is a great opportunity if you are an
experienced Line Patroller, Pipeline Field Man, Natural Gas
Operations Technician, Quality Tech, Corrosion Technician, Gas
Mechanic or similarPrimary purpose:
- Responsible for the installation, operation and maintenance of
Company gas/liquid pipelines, appurtenances, terminals, compressor
stations, pump stations, process plants and other related
facilities.Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of pipelines,
compressors and auxiliary equipment, engines, turbines, motors
cooling equipment, pump stations, pumps, dehydration equipment,
process equipment, valves, seals and other related equipment.
- Start, stop and operate engines/pumps within defined operating
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all
engines, pumps and associated equipment at compressor stations,
pump stations, terminals, pipelines, and process plants.
- Diagnose and repair engines, turbines, pumps, seals, valves and
- Install, repair, service and maintain valves, pipe, pipeline
appurtenances, corrosion control protection systems, measurement
equipment and storage well equipment.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all
facilities and equipment, including pipeline right-of-way, and
gathering or storage areas, including but not limited to
excavating, repairing, coating and backfilling pipelines, concrete
work, painting, building erection, weed control, etc.
- Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment
(e.g., industrial wheeled tractors, water pumps, air compressors,
expanders, coolers, test equipment, vehicles, etc.)
- Represent the Company during contacts with landowner/tenants,
public officials/emergency officials and at local meetings. (One
Call, Pipeline Groups, Soil Conservation, USFS, etc.)
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required
(e.g., personnel in progression, transport drivers, contractors,
- Perform governmental compliance activities (PHMSA, State
Agencies, EPA, USFS, etc.)
- Perform minor electrical maintenance.
- Identify, report and correct safety and environmental
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site
Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards,
procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year associate degree or 2 year vocational-tech degree in
mechanical or instrumentation a plusExperience / specific
- Must respond to, and address, callouts and emergencies after
regular business hours including after dark hours, which may
require carrying a communication device within 1 hour.
- Must be able to respond to an emergency at the station within
- Knowledge of compressor, pump stations, gas treatment, storage
facilities, process plant, gather transmission, pipeline system
- Knowledge reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs and
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of
flammable gases, liquid, and high/low pressure
systemsCertifications, licenses, registrations:
- Possess a valid driver's license and meet company insurability
- May be required to achieve and maintain certifications as
required to perform job duties
- Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression
requirements applicable to the job classification.Competencies,
skills, and abilities:
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various
operating systems, and other company software)
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication,
division, fractions, decimals)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Customer focus
- Available for shift work when applicable
- Ability to work with a team, take direction from supervisors,
keep required work schedules, focus attention on details, and
follow work rules
- Ability to speak and understand English.
- Ability to work with others, take direction from supervisor(s),
focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Mechanical aptitude a plus.Physical demands:
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to frequently:
- Enter confined spaces
- Climb to and work from elevated platforms, ladders and
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds in awkward
positions, and 50 pounds from floor to waist.
- Must be able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions,
climb vertical access ladders and stairwells, carry up to 50 pounds
and to see, hear, walk and talk effectivelyWorking conditions:
- May work in low-lit areas
- Must be able to withstand extreme weather conditions
- Must be able to climb to and work from elevated platforms,
ladders, and walkways, etc.
- Depending upon the location and workload, travel will be
- Be available for shift work when applicable.Job level
commensurate with skills and experience. The above statements
describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This
position may perform other duties as assigned.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER STATEMENT: We are an Equal Opportunity
Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant
for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran,
and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local
Back to top
Keywords: Kinder Morgan, Shreveport , Operations Specialist - West Monroe, Other , West Monroe, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!