Company: Koch Industries
Location: Pleasant Hill
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Optimized Process Designs, LLC (OPD) is an engineering/construction
company headquartered in Katy, TX with an expertise in the natural
gas, natural gas liquids, and petrochemical industries. OPD is part
of the larger Koch Engineered Solutions (KES) organization which
provides a variety of capabilities across many industries.
Originally incorporated in 1980, OPD has developed a strong
reputation for honesty, integrity, and ability to successfully
execute projects. OPD has a key advantage in being able to supply
construction services as well as engineering/procurement. This
enables clients to have a ''one stop shop'' for the overall
project, providing increased efficiency and avoiding potential
interface problems. OPD's industry experience, flexibility, and
personal attention have made us a preferred partner to our
customers and our tight knit, highly productive, team atmosphere
makes OPD a great place to work.
The jobsite located in Pleasant Hill, LA has an opening for a Rig
What You Will Do In Your Role
Some core responsibilities for a rig welder include:
- Must own portable welding rig including PPE and jack
- Reading drawings, taking measurements, reading isometrics, and
installing piping efficiently
- Welding pipes, tubes, fittings, and related equipment according
- Operate tools and equipment including: angle grinders, beveling
machines, cut-off grinders, hammers, torches, magnetic drills,
welding machines, and a Saw-Zall.
- Possess skilled knowledge of pipe fittings, bolts, valves, etc.
- Possess general knowledge of welding equipment and
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision
We expect all field employees to:
- Actively participate in a strong safety culture
- Recognize safety hazards and risks
- Participate in onsite safety meetings
- Follow OPD and client safety policies and procedures
- Be aware of changing conditions on an active jobsite
- Be on time to the jobsite each day ready for work
- Display a positive attitude and be able to work in a team
Some physical demands of being a rig welder include:
- Capable of working in outdoor weather and environmental
conditions including extreme heat and humidity, extreme cold, and
- Lifting and carrying awkward objects up to 60 lbs
- Standing for extended periods of time up to 11 hours per
- Moving the entire body. Considerable use of arms, legs,
climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, crawling,
twisting, reaching, and bending on a regular basis.
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms and maintain balance
when stepping on narrow platforms such as beams and pipes. Must be
able to perform these activities while wearing an approved
full-body harness and lanyard.
- Use hands to handle, control, and feel objects and/or
The Experience You Will Bring
- At least 2 years of general welding experience.
- Must be able to read, write & communicate in English.
- Travel is a must with extended periods away from home in remote
areas at times.
- Must be able to pass code welding test: ASME Section IX 6G pipe
test (SMAW & GTAW) and AWS D1.1 plate test for structural welds
- Must demonstrate the ability to produce welds that are 100%
x-ray quality and visually acceptable per the construction code
i.e. ASME B 31.3.
- Must be willing and able to work shifts up to 12 hours per day
and 7 days per week.
- Must be willing and able to meet all physical demands of the
- Must be willing and able to attend mandatory safety
- Must be a safety role model.
- Must own rig and all required equipment. What Will Put You
- 5 years of experience as a welder
- Previous experience in a gas plant construction
- Previous experience being a leader for safety
- Strong interpersonal skills
Our goal is for each employee, and their families, to live
fulfilling and healthy lives. We provide essential resources and
support to build and maintain physical, financial, and emotional
strength - focusing on overall wellbeing so you can focus on what
matters most. Specific eligibility criteria is set by the
applicable Summary Plan Description, policy or guideline and
benefits may vary by geographic region. If you have questions on
what benefits apply to you, please speak to your recruiter.
At Koch companies, we are entrepreneurs. This means we openly
challenge the status quo, find new ways to create value and get
rewarded for our individual contributions. Any compensation range
provided for a role is an estimate determined by available market
data. The actual amount may be higher or lower than the range
provided considering each candidate's knowledge, skills, abilities,
and geographic location. If you have questions, please speak to
your recruiter about the flexibility and detail of our compensation
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and protected
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are
conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for
additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf
Keywords: Koch Industries, Shreveport , Rig Welder, Other , Pleasant Hill, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!