Field Property Claims Adjuster
Company: Liberty Mutual
Posted on: September 14, 2023
Pay Philosophy The typical starting salary range for this role
is determined by a number of factors including skills, experience,
education, certifications and location. The full salary range for
this role reflects the competitive labor market value for all
employees in these positions across the national market and
provides an opportunity to progress as employees grow and develop
within the role. Some roles at Liberty Mutual have a corresponding
compensation plan which may include commission and/or bonus
earnings at rates that vary based on multiple factors set forth in
the compensation plan for the role.
Description Are you looking to use your customer service skills in
a role where you can see that you are making a difference in
people's lives? Do you want a career with endless opportunities for
growth? As a member of the Field Property Claims Team, you will
play a vital role in providing an outstanding customer experience
by using your investigative and negotiation skills to resolve a
variety of homeowner claims in a fast paced, detail-oriented, team
environment. In this role, you will travel to the loss site to
conduct thorough analysis. Every day is a new exciting challenge,
as our Field Property Claims Adjusters use cutting edge homeowner's
products and services to help our customers through the claims
process. Training is a critical component to your success and that
success starts with reliable attendance. Attendance and active
engagement during training is mandatory.
The field property claims adjuster will be traveling to insured
homes within the Shreveport, LA area. To be successful in the role,
candidates should live within this area or very close to it. In
this role, you will:
- Investigate and determine coverage onsite of loss and adjusts
all elements of Property Loss claims of moderate-high
- Handle moderate- severe complexity claims assigned under little
- Investigate and evaluate onsite to resolve complex coverage and
damage issues to include preparing complete estimates of repair for
the covered damages.
- Explain coverage of loss, assists policyholders with
itemization of damages, emergency repairs and additional living
- Works with and may coordinate a number of vendor services such
as contractors, emergency repair, cleaning services and various
- Identify suspicious losses. Recommend referral to SIU where
appropriate and may assist the SIU in their investigation and
settling of the claim.
- Access roofs by ladder, inspect attic's, crawl spaces and
basements in search of damage.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty. Qualifications This
role might be for you if you have:
- Working knowledge of claims handling procedures and
- Demonstrated understanding of building construction
- Proven ability to provide exceptional customer service.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while
exhibiting good judgment.
- Strong written/oral communication and interpersonal
- Computer skills with the ability to work with multi-faceted
systems and analytical skills.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally
acquired through bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and at
least 1 year of directly related experience.
- Ability to obtain proper licensing as required. About UsAt
Liberty Mutual, our purpose is to help people embrace today and
confidently pursue tomorrow. That's why we provide an environment
focused on openness, inclusion, trust and respect. Here, you'll
discover our expansive range of roles, and a workplace where we aim
to help turn your passion into a rewarding profession.
Liberty Mutual has proudly been recognized as a "Great Place to
Work" by Great Place to Work US for the past several years. We were
also selected as one of the "100 Best Places to Work in IT" on
IDG's Insider Pro and Computerworld's 2020 list. For many years
running, we have been named by Forbes as one of America's Best
Employers for Women and one of America's Best Employers for New
Graduates as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity.
To learn more about our commitment to diversity and inclusion
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to make things
better, and we put people first by offering you benefits that
support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit
offerings please visit:
Liberty Mutual is an equal opportunity employer. We will not
tolerate discrimination on the basis of race, color, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age,
disability, veteran's status, pregnancy, genetic information or on
any basis prohibited by federal, state or local law.
Keywords: Liberty Mutual, Shreveport , Field Property Claims Adjuster, Other , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!