Admission Registered Nurse (Hospice)
Company: CHRISTUS Hospice Schumpert
Posted on: September 21, 2023
We are hiring for an Admissions Registered Nurse!At Christus
Hospice and Palliative Care Schumpert, a part of LHC Group, we
embrace a culture of caring, belonging, and trust and enjoy
themeaningful connections that come from it: for the whole patient,
their families,each other, and the communities we serveit truly is
all about helping people.You can find a home for your career
here.As a Hospice RN, you can expect:
- the ability to develop trusting relationships as an end-of-life
- being valued and respected by patients and their families
- employee-focused wellness and support programs
- incredible team support and empathetic leadershipTake your
nursing career to a new level of caring. Join us.The Admissions
Nurse is responsible for execution of the hospice admission process
in compliance with federal and state regulations. The Admissions
Nurse will advocate for the patient and family to meet those stated
needs that hospice can cover and/or refer them to other resources
- Demonstrates competency in meeting with potential patients and
families in assessment of their needs.
- Maintains confidentiality and safety of patient/client clinical
- Completes assigned admissions in an effective and timely
- Communicates effectively with physician(s), referral sources,
patient, family, and hospice interdisciplinary team regarding the
new admission of a patient.
- Responsible for communicating and documenting the clinical
assessment, identified needs and other pertinent information.
- Records and includes in the medical record any pertinent
medical history and assists in obtaining medical records that may
be relevant to determine hospice eligibility.
- Must be a licensed registered nurse in the state of
- At least 2 years of experience in a hospice, home health, or
other health care service delivery system setting.
- Current CPR certification.
- Current Driver's License and vehicle insurance, and access to a
dependable vehicle, or public transportation.Additional State
- LA: a minimum two-years full time experience working as an RN.
However, two years of full-time clinical experience in hospice care
as a licensed practical nurse may be substituted for the required
two years of experience as a registered nurse.LHC Group is
committed to a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion and is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally
other protected characteristic.Christus Hospice and Palliative Care
Schumpert is part of the LHC Group family of providers the
preferred post-acute care partner for hospitals, physicians, and
families nationwide. We deliver high-quality, cost-effective care
that supports our patients when and where they need it. From our
home health, hospice, and community-based services to inpatient
care at our clinics and hospitals, our mission is to reach more
patients and families with effective and efficient healthcare. More
hospitals, physicians, and families choose LHC Group because we are
united by a single shared purpose: It's all about helping
Keywords: CHRISTUS Hospice Schumpert, Shreveport , Admission Registered Nurse (Hospice), Other , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!