Company: Choices, Inc
Posted on: June 12, 2019
Job SummaryThe Engagement Specialist is responsible for assisting
families with making referrals to enroll in wraparound, including
educating them about the wraparound process, the role of families
and that of other team members participating in the wraparound
process.Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesOrganizational
- Establishes and maintains relationships with referral partners
and other resources in the community to ensure that participants
are provided with an array of individualized services and
- Provides support to families/youth who are waiting to complete
their full enrollment into the program. This may include making
referrals to address a variety of identified needs and previewing
for the family what to expect during and from the wraparound
- Provides limited care coordination to maintain family's
readiness to begin wraparound.
- Manages a caseload within the financial parameters of the case
rate or other established financial protocol.
- Tracks referrals and service utilization of youth waiting for
enrollment, assesses and works to address gaps in services.
- Assists all partner agencies (such as mental health, special
education, child welfare, developmental disability, and juvenile
justice) in following the mission, principles, and values of
- Understands CSoC waiver requirements to ensure compliance with
- Increases the community's awareness of Wraparound
- Effectively assists families, care coordinators, and child and
family teams to ensure each client/family enrolled has positive
clinical and fiscal outcomes.
- Willingly completes other duties as assigned to advance the
mission of Choices.
Practice Level Component
- Assures that providers thoroughly understand and practice:
- family driven and strengths-based care,
- outcomes based service and support, and
- cultural competence/diversity.
- Encourages and trains providers to model Choices' values and
- Ensures all elements on the Task Time Line are completed within
their associated time parameters.
- Ensures needs drive decision making
- Ensures that parent and family involvement is supported and
cultivated while waiting on enrollment.
- Consistently delivers strength based, family centered,
culturally competent services.
- Demonstrates skill in consensus building, creative problem
solving, mediation, and general meeting facilitation.
- Demonstrates flexibility and optimism about the strengths of
children and their families.
Learning Organization and Staff Training
- Provides training and expertise to internal staff, contract
staff and/or providers, and stakeholders, to ensure that staffing,
billing, and interagency processes are working effectively.
- Provides support and expertise to internal and/or contract
staff in proper service authorizing.
- Actively participates in internal and external training
- Exhibits enthusiasm for learning and personal growth.
- Understands and can describe key components of all Choices'
programs/lines of service.
- Ensures that strength-based, family-driven, values-based
practices are understood and practiced by support providers with
clients, the system, the staff, and the organization.
- Establishes relationships with existing community programs and
resources to help them develop capacity and skills to serve the
unique needs of Choices' families.
- Promotes community ownership of the system of care.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and ability to engage others
towards a common goal.
- Represents Choices' Values and follows Choices' Guiding
Principles within the community at all times.
- Accurately maintains authorization service codes and provider
information in TCM.
- Effectively uses office equipment (copiers, fax machines,
scanners), a personal computer, and Microsoft Office products:
Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Explorer.
- Minimum of bachelor's degree; master's degree preferred.
Significant experience related directly to position duties may be
considered as substitute for formal education.
- Experience in customer service a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor service
- Demonstrated skill in fiscal management activities, team
building, and development.
- Strong knowledge of and genuine respect for youth and adults
with mental health issues and a firm commitment to empowering their
- Strong communication and writing skills. Bilingual skills
(especially Spanish) a plus.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- A valid driver's license in his/her state of residence and
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Work effectively with internal and external individuals,
including other professionals in the community.
- Work effectively as a member of a team.
- Effectively communicate to various internal and external
audiences in both person and through various electronic media.
- Manage time and work effectively with minimal supervision.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
- Ability to lift a 25-pound object.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time.
Keywords: Choices, Inc, Shreveport , Engagement Specialist, Other , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!