Casual/Part Time Truck Driver - CDL Class A/No Touch Freight - Penske Logistics
Posted on: January 13, 2022
What's the Job?
Ready to put your truck-driving career in high gear? Make the shift
and fuel your career as a Casual/Part-Time Class A/No Touch Freight
Truck Driver for Penske. Join a team of professional truck drivers
committed to delivering products safely and on time. We're proud to
move freight for some of the world's biggest brands. (Yes, we're
more than just the yellow trucks.)
You'll be with a stable, nationwide company that is known for
having the best equipment, great management, clear communication
and a fantastic safety record. We pay every Friday, and for most of
our driving positions, you're home daily. Yes, daily.
Are you ready to take it to the next level? Come drive for
• Route/activity: Driver will be responsible for transporting
manufactured parts for assembly or finished goods. No touch, drop &
hook. Home daily!
• Shift: Floating position/on-call. Monday through Friday. Dispatch
times will vary. Approximately 20 to 30 hours per week.
• Equipment: Tandem Axle day cabs, 53' dry van trailers.
• Compensation: $20.50 per hour based on route spec.
• Driving your assigned truck safely and responsibly
• Following all federal and/or state laws, regulations, and/or
agency rules, standards and guidelines
• Reporting problems with your truck, as well as accidents, traffic
violations, and damage before and after route
• Acting as the main point of contact with your customer
Why Penske is for You:
• Outstanding company safety record
• Premier Driver Recognition Program
• Home daily for most positions
• Competitive starting salary
• Career stability
• Opportunity for growth
• Excellent benefits, including lots of time off
• Superior trucks and 24/7 roadside support
• Dedicated accounts
• Lots of training opportunities
Habla espanol? Nosotros tambien! Llamenos hoy 855-CDL-PENSKE!
• CDL Class A license required
• Currently hold, or ability to obtain, a non-excepted interstate
DOT medical card required
• 1 years of documented tractor-trailer experience in the last 3
• 3 years DMV/MVR record with two or fewer moving violations or
• Excellent customer service skills
• Focused on safety
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule,
work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment
application, submit to a background investigation (to include past
employment, education and criminal history) and drug screening
This position is regulated by the Department of Transportation or
designated as safety sensitive by the company, and the ability to
work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is
required. Associates must have the ability to accept responsibility
for their own safety, as well as the safety of others.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative
of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
• The associate must be able to see and hear. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to
• While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be
required to move frequently, stand, walk, and sit. The associate is
frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to
reach with hands and arms.
• The associate must be able to legally operate a motor vehicle and
safely and frequently enter/exit the vehicle as well as the rear
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
When you join Penske, you're joining a team that cares about doing
its best. We work together to ensure the customer is satisfied and
the highest level of safety is reached. That's true for the nearly
5,000 drivers driving for Penske across the country.
Penske Logistics is a wholly owned subsidiary of Penske Truck
Leasing. We have operations in North America, South America, Europe
and Asia, and we provide supply chain management and logistics
services to leading companies around the world, including Ford, GM,
BMW, Whirlpool and more. Penske Logistics delivers value through
its design, planning and execution in transportation, warehousing
and freight management. Want to learn more? Visit
Keywords: Penske, Shreveport , Casual/Part Time Truck Driver - CDL Class A/No Touch Freight - Penske Logistics, Professions , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!