Material Handler II
Company: Progress Rail Services
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The Material Handler's primary responsibilities include performing
receiving, stocking, shipping, cycle counting and line stocking
Progress Rail, a Caterpillar company, is an integrated rolling
stock and infrastructure provider, delivering a full range of
products and services to domestic and international railroad
customers. Our customers enjoy one-stop shopping and comprehensive
cradle-to-grave railway solutions - whether it rolls on the rail or
is the rail itself. From locomotives, transit, freight cars and
engines, to tracks, signals and advanced technology, we ensure
customers can count on us to meet all their rail needs.
Forging the bridge between ideas and success, our talented and
innovative team members work together to address the challenges of
the rail industry today, ensuring success for the future. As part
of a vibrant, global network of business operations, each and every
member of our team is important to our success. With headquarters
in Albertville, Ala., more than 7,000 dedicated employees serve
customers through a network of close to 150 locations around the
world. For more information, visit www.progressrail.com and follow
us @Progress_Rail on Twitter and YouTube.
Education / Training
* High School Diploma or equivalent.
Key Job Elements
* Operates industrial forklift to perform material handling
* Receives, identifies and unloads materials/parts and stores in
* Identifies, draws from inventory and transports material, parts
and equipment associated with the assembly of railcars to and from
assembly areas, machines, loading docks and other areas;
* Familiarizes self with material packaging areas to assure prompt
delivery and adequate supply of required items;
* Inspects and completes reports related to safe operation and
maintenance of material handling equipment prior to operation;
* Operate all equipment in safe manner;
* Assists in other areas and duties as assigned by supervisior.
Qualifications and Experience
* Minimum 6 months distribution/material handling or
* Must have previous forklift operation experience;
* Basic knowledge of PC for data entry;
* Must be able to work any shift.
* Must be able to team lift up to 50 lbs.; frequent bending and
reaching is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Race/Color/Sex/Religion/National
Origin/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Vets/Disabilities
Progress Rail Services Corporation and its subsidiary and affiliate
companies offer an excellent total compensation package* including
competitive salary, 401(k) plan with company match, available
medical/dental/vision/life/disability insurance along with flexible
spending and paid vacation and holidays. Relocation assistance may
be available for some positions.
* Benefits eligibility differs by job position and employment
status - governing plan documents control such benefits..
Transportation & Logistics
Keywords: Progress Rail Services, Shreveport , Material Handler II, Professions , Waskom, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!