Company: Hunt, Guillot & Associates
Location: El Dorado
Posted on: June 24, 2022
The E&I Process Engineer is a 3-6 month contract position
working for a specialty chemical client in the El Dorado, AR
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited
to, the following:
- Provide overall plant electrical power and instrument systems
- Maintain and support PLC's, DCS's, and area power distribution
- Act as E&I liaison with site design contractor for small
and large capital projects.
- Writing or approving project scopes
- Marking-up and approving all E&I drawings
- Establishing and maintaining installation details and
- Representing business unit at PHAs
- Assuring adherence to standards (i.e., safety interlock)
- Providing E&I construction, check-out, and start-up
- Design and implement process control improvements
- Provide guidance and training for E&I reliability
personnel, mechanics, and other specialists
- Assist operations in troubleshooting instrument/electrical
- Maintain P&I loop sheets, electrical drawings, safety
interlock test procedures, control valve specifications, and other
essential E&I documentation so they are current and
- At least a B.S. in Electrical Engineering or other B.S.
engineering discipline (i.e., Chemical or Mechanical) with a strong
understanding of power distribution systems.
- Five years of experience in manufacturing plant
- Process control theory (PID, ratio control, etc.)
- Fundamental knowledge of basic process instrumentation
selection/specification, calibration, and troubleshooting.
- Specific, fundamental understanding of analyzers (pH,
- Distributed Control System (DCS) knowledge in specifying
equipment, configuring network, data points, graphics, Writing and
reading CL programming, and system backups.
- Process monitoring capability to set-up database, building
displays, creating reports.
- Capability to maintain and develop batch sequencing logic in
both DCS's and PLC's
- Capability to tune controllers.
- Understanding of weighing systems to provide design and
- Safety and process interlock understanding, including
fundamental knowledge of international safety interlock
- Capability to design, troubleshoot, and support area electrical
& instrument systems.
- Thorough knowledge of E&I drawings, including electrical
schematics, logic diagrams, and P&I diagrams.
- The ideal candidate will be within daily commuting distance of
El Dorado, AR.
Keywords: Hunt, Guillot & Associates, Shreveport , Electrical Engineer, Professions , El Dorado, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!