Electrical Engineering Co-op Spring 2023
Company: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company
Posted on: November 22, 2022
Cooper Tire, A Goodyear company offers an entirely unique work
experience because no matter what your title is, you'll play a part
in contributing to the development, manufacturing and marketing of
some of the most innovative tire products in the world. Cooper is a
fun and exciting place to work, and we easily stand apart from our
competition. We're constantly on the lookout for motivated
individuals who lead by example and inspire others to greatness.
The opportunities are endless and the rewards rich for those who
believe that job satisfaction and career success begin with a
satisfied customer. Careers are a Journey...Come Ride with Us!
The Electrical Engineering co-op is responsible for developing and
testing machinery and equipment under direction of plant engineer
and/or senior engineers.
Our co-op students are given pertinent work assignments and have
opportunities to work in one or more of our manufacturing
facilities. We believe strongly in the learning aspect of the work
assignment and pair all of our co-op students with a
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and tests machinery and equipment under direction of
plant engineer and/or senior engineers by performing the following
- Reviews project instructions and blueprints to determine test
specifications, procedures, objectives, test equipment, nature of
technical problems, and possible solutions such as part redesign,
substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or
- Drafts detail drawings or sketches for drafting room completion
or to request parts fabrication by machine, sheet metal,
electrical, or wood shops.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical,
electrical, or electromechanical components or assemblies for
products such as industrial equipment and machinery, power
equipment, servo systems, machine tools, and measuring
- Sets up and conducts tests of complete units and components
under operational conditions to investigate design proposals for
improving equipment performance or other factors, or to obtain data
for development, standardization, and quality control.
- Analyzes indicated and calculated test results in relation to
design or rated specifications and test objectives, and modifies or
adjusts equipment to meet specifications.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical
data, and recommendations for changes in product or test
- May, on occasion, be required to perform other duties as
necessary to ensure efficient plant operations.
- Must be a currently enrolled student majoring in Electrical
Engineering and having completed at least the freshman year
- Cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 on a scale of
- Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in
- Will be interacting with production, maintenance, vendors,
contractors, management, and engineering.
- Occasionally involved in presentations and providing training
for plant personnel.
- Must have good problem solving skills both from a
troubleshooting and project planning standpoint
Cooper Tire, recently acquired by Goodyear, is an Equal Employment
Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national
origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation,
gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online
application, or any other part of the employment process, please
contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity
laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Keywords: The Goodyear Tire and Rubbber Company, Shreveport , Electrical Engineering Co-op Spring 2023, Professions , Texarkana, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!