Instrument & Automation Technician - 12312
Company: Southwestern Energy
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Southwestern Energy Company is an independent energy company
primarily engaged in natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil
exploration, development and production within North America. Visit
SWN.com to learn more.
Working at Southwestern Energy
Southwestern Energy produces and provides energy to our world. It's
a commitment that has motivated our employees for nearly 90 years.
Our culture demands creativity and innovation. That's why we give
employees, including new hires, the opportunity to be a contributor
from the first day on the job. We strive to create a rewarding and
inclusive work environment, by rewarding team and individual
performance, in addition to offering our employees competitive
compensation and benefits.
This job may be located in Haynesville, LA
The Instrumentation and Automation Technician will report directly
to the I&E Foreman and work with Operations, Production,
Facilities, Measurement, and SCADA groups to maintain, implement,
and install automation and control systems to support natural gas
production. Successful candidate will be an HSE Leader and Champion
of SWN policies and initiatives. Position involves coordinating
with multiple responsibilities and interested parties to prioritize
workload with supervision.
- Program and validate EFM/RTU (Thermo Fisher, ROC, ABB) control
systems to efficiently operate wellsite facilities, safety systems,
and flow control scenarios.
- Understand and program HMI and interfaces that correlate to
field EFM's and SCADA systems.
- Diagnose problems and failures effectively with the ability to
- Ability to read and understand documents such as equipment
manuals, P&ID's, and cause-and-effect diagrams.
- Understand and maintain communication equipment including, but
not limited to: 900mhz point to multipoint wireless networks,
200mhz and 3.6ghz point to point backhauls. (Freewave, Cambium,
MDS, and cellular networks.)
- Understand and maintain communication networks and protocols
including, but not limited to: modbus rtu, modbus over tcp/ip (both
wireless and direct,) and HART.
- Knowledgeable in automation, instrumentation, and electrical
standards and practices.
- Understand how to calibrate multiple process variables
including pressure and temperature.
- Knowledgeable and experienced maintaining both 4-20ma and 1-5v
- Thorough problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnosis
and resolve complex technical matters.
- Proficient with multimeters, ohm meters, HART devices, and
- Effectively navigate a personal computer with MS Office Suite
applications (Word, Excel, and Outlook.)
- Works and participates successfully in a team-based environment
to accomplish assignments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage time
effectively without too much oversight.
- Develop and maintain spreadsheets and basic databases for
analysis and record keeping.
- On call support required.
- Ability to test, inspect, and operate electronic devices
associated with gas measurement applications.
- Prefer Industrial Electrical Certification.
- Technical degree in Industrial Automation is preferred. Work
experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3-5 years of experience is required, preferably in the field of
Instrumentation and Electronics.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Southwestern Energy Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without unlawful discrimination on the
basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age,
pregnancy, disability, present military status or veteran status,
genetic information, marital status or any other factor that the
law protects from employment discrimination.
Keywords: Southwestern Energy, Shreveport , Instrument & Automation Technician - 12312, Professions , Haynesville, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!