Maintenance & Environmental Intern
Company: Murphy Oil
Location: El Dorado
Posted on: March 20, 2023
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Murphy USA is looking for the next Maintenance and Environmental Intern who should have excellent written and verbal communication skills, Microsoft Office skills, strong attention to detail, a positive attitude, fast learner, and a team player. The Maintenance and Environmental Intern will apply knowledge of business practices and processes in a fast-paced, real-world environment and assist in writing reports, conducting research, analyzing data, and making recommendations to improve effectiveness and efficiency. As an intern at Murphy USA, the Maintenance and Environmental Intern will gain a better understanding of the retail convenience industry and will be exposed to various functional areas within our unique business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Evaluate Asset Development business processes and make recommendations for improvement
2. Perform research and analysis in support of maintenance asset tracking, break/fix spending, preventative programs and environmental compliance & remediation.
3. Assist in identifying issue root causes using software systems such as Verisae, Titan and Power BI data analytics.
4. Gain familiarity with vendor contracts and then perform work order Estimate and Not To Exceed reviews ensuring agreements are being adhered to.
5. Establish vendor relationships and be comfortable with following-up on critical and aged work orders to help manage vendor performance.
6. Employ excellent verbal and written communication skills when using the Non Returned Order to track equipment returns from the field.
7. Analyze equipment inventory purchasing trends and identify to management emerging trends or reconciliation issues while helping to curtail budgetary shortfalls.
8. Help oversee environmental testing results and ensure non-passing tests are resolved timely by following up with contractors or the Regional Maintenance Manager.
9. Participate in environmental remediation program management and help analyze budgets, work orders, and invoicing.
10. Use skills learned to identify opportunities to build efficiency and continued synergy amongst the department and the enterprise.
11. May perform additional projects upon request
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Pursuing a degree in business, engineering, computer science or related area of study at an accredited college or university with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher. Experience with PowerPoint, Word, and Excel preferred.
Keywords: Murphy Oil, Shreveport , Maintenance & Environmental Intern, Professions , El Dorado, Louisiana
here to apply!