Director of Construction & Purchasing - Remote
Company: House Buyers of America
Posted on: September 21, 2023
House Buyers of America is looking for a Director of
Construction & Purchasing. The Director will be responsible for
overseeing all construction field operations and the entirety of
the purchasing department. -This position requires a minimum of 10
years of experience in a Home Building or major Home Remodeling
company plus a minimum of 2 years in a Senior Manager or Director
level role. This position is fully remote!
What you will do:
- Oversee all Purchasing, Estimating, and Contracts Management.
Update construction estimation spreadsheets/software to ensure
accurate job estimations and minimal construction costs
- Ensure all renovation projects and home inspection repair lists
are complete in a timely manner and under budget
- Manage all Field Managers and Purchasing Managers including
recruiting, hiring, training, and, if necessary, terminating
- Develop systems and processes for field staff
- Continuously source new suppliers, contractors and vendors to
help reduce cost and improve quality/turnaround of
- Manage the design and product selection of all homes. - Help
value engineer and improve the design and layout of houses. -
Update all design documents regularly to keep up to date.
- Ensure House Buyers' property database, systems and reports are
updated daily to track project details and progress
- Negotiate the lowest cost possible (national production builder
pricing) while maintaining high quality. - Continuously source new
suppliers and trade contractors to help drive down cost of
construction and improve quality, service and turnaround
- Manage contracts for all trades and subcontractors. - Develop
detailed scope of work for renovations.
- Work with Field Managers to assist in scheduling trades. - Help
ensure that trades are scheduled efficiently and
- Review and approve all schedules.
- Bid out renovations and hire, manage, train and, when
necessary, fire General Contractors and subcontractors. - Work with
Field Managers to ensure that work is completed on time and within
- Respond to home inspection items (punch lists) from customer
walkthroughs in a timely manner and emergencies within 2 hours. - -
Work with Sales and customers directly to resolve repair issues to
help ensure settlements go smoothly.
- Update House Buyers' property database and reports to track
every detail of construction. - Manage all paperwork and electronic
files in a timely and organized way.
- Develop and update Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual
and Construction Policies and Procedures Manual. -
- Complete 1-3 renovation projects of your own per month as
- Assist House Buyers of America's expansion into new geographic
- 10+ years of experience in residential construction and a
minimum of 5 years in Purchasing
- 2+ years of experience in a Senior Manager or Director level
role in the home building or home remodeling industry
- Great communication skills and computer skills
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
Why we are a great place to work:
- Our awesome company culture includes: competitive pay great
benefits, great people, casual dress, free snacks/drinks, team
events, work hard/ play hard environment
- Our revenue is growing! Our revenue increased by 203% in April
of 2023 vs April of 2022!
- Our margins are growing - Our Gross Profit (%) increased 135%
in April 2023 for the same period last year!
- We're growing fast! We sold 29% more homes in Jan - Apr 2023 vs
same period 2022
- We're continuing our nationwide expansion. In 2021 alone we
launched into six new markets - Hampton Roads, Richmond, Oklahoma
City, Dallas, Philadelphia and Atlanta... and more to come!
House Buyers of America is a residential real estate investment
company founded in 2001 and headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia. -
We buy, renovate, and resell a high volume of homes offering a
guaranteed, fast, and hassle-free sale to people who want to sell
their house without paying a Realtor commission. - We have a
history of strong growth and success, having bought and sold
thousands of houses. Our Company went from $0 to $50 million in
annual revenue in its first 3 years in business and won the Ernst
and Young Entrepreneur of the Year award. House Buyers of America
is proudly a member of the Inc 5000 list.
House Buyers is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate by sex, creed, race, or by age.
Keywords: House Buyers of America, Shreveport , Director of Construction & Purchasing - Remote, Professions , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!