Member Services Agent
Company: Southern Scripts
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Member Services Agent - (Call Center Representative) We wanted a
PBM that worked better--- so we created one. Southern Scripts , the
leading disruptor in the PBM industry, simplifies the complexities
of navigating through the Pharmacy Benefit Manager world by
offering a value-added approach to ensure the employer absolute
freedom, control, and choice to their health plan structure without
compromising patient experiences and outcomes. We improve
healthcare and reduce rising prescription costs for employers and
their employees. We are looking for individuals who are passionate,
strong, and committed to developing systems and service solutions
that promote our business goals and commitments. Southern Scripts
is searching for incredible talent! We continue to experience
accelerated growth in a rapidly changing industry. There's never
been a better time to join our team. We are currently seeking a
Member Services Agent . This is a fully remote/work from home
position. What We Have to Offer Our benefits package is designed to
keep our employees happy and healthy - physically, mentally and
- Medical, Dental, Vision insurance
- Disability and Life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Remote work options
- Generous Paid-Time Off
- Annual Reviews and Development Plans
- Retirement Plan with company match immediately 100% vested Role
and Responsibilities The member services agent is responsible for
providing effective customer service for all internal and external
customers by using excellent, in-depth knowledge of company
products and programs as well as communicating effectively with
team members within the customer service department.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer
and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment,
meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer
satisfaction. Confer with customers by telephone to provide
information about Rx claims processing.
- Keep detailed records of customer interactions or transactions,
recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as
- Follow-up to ensure that appropriate changes were made to
resolve customers' problems.
- Refer unresolved customer grievances to designated departments
for further investigation.
- Review Rx insurance policy terms to determine whether a claim
is covered for employer group.
- Contact customers to respond to inquiries or to notify them of
claim investigation results or any planned adjustments.
- Resolve customers' service or billing complaints.
- Obtain and examine all relevant information to assess validity
of complaints and to determine possible causes.
- Abide by all obligations under HIPAA related to Protected
Health Information (PHI).
- If a HIPAA violation is discovered, whether individually or by
another, you must report the violation to the Compliance Officer
and/or Human Resources.
- Attend, complete, and demonstrate competency in all required
HIPAA Training offered by the company.
- Flexibility to understand, appreciate and embrace that this job
description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive
listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required
of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change
or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Interacting with Computers - Using computers and computer
systems (including hardware and software) to program, write
software, set up functions, enter data, or process
- Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates -
Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates
by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Getting Information - Observing, receiving, and otherwise
obtaining information from all relevant sources.
- Communicating with Persons Outside Organization - Communicating
with people outside the organization, representing the organization
to customers, the public, government, and other external sources.
This information can be exchanged in person, in writing, or by
telephone or e-mail.
- Processing Information - Compiling, coding, categorizing,
calculating, tabulating, auditing, or verifying information or
- Resolving Conflicts and Negotiating with Others - Handling
complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and
conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others.
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge - Keeping up-to-date
technically and applying new knowledge to your job.
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work - Developing
specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish
- Performing Administrative Activities - Performing day-to-day
administrative tasks such as maintaining information files and
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems - Analyzing information
and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve
- Customer and Client Focus.
- Problem Solving and Analysis.
- Time Management.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Teamwork Orientation.
- Technical Capacity.
- Multitasking Position Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a
full-time, hourly position. Days and hours of work vary on shift
assigned. The Contact Center hours of operation are Monday - Friday
6a - 10p, Saturday 8a - 6p, and Sunday 8a-5p. On-Call
responsibilities are on a rotation basis. Qualifications and
- High School or equivalent.
- Customer service experience.
- Computer experience. Southern Scripts, LLC provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national
origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law
requirements, Southern Scripts complies with applicable state and
local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies
to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting,
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Southern
Scripts expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based
on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender
identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information,
disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the
ability of Southern Scripts employees to perform their job duties
may result in discipline up to and including discharge. EOE
Keywords: Southern Scripts, Shreveport , Member Services Agent, Sales , Shreveport, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!